• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any tricky CP interview questions?

My daughter is going to be applying for Spring 2013. The only job she has had is being a babysitter/nanny for the 2 kids next door for the past 3 summers. Will this look bad for her since she has never had a "real" job?

What do they mean by "character integrity"? I know integrity is doing the right thing, having morals and values, etc., but I'm not sure in which ways they're applying that to characters...

It's refering to the fact that while Mickey has multiple "friends", there is only one Mickey.

My daughter is going to be applying for Spring 2013. The only job she has had is being a babysitter/nanny for the 2 kids next door for the past 3 summers. Will this look bad for her since she has never had a "real" job?

Nope. My first CP was my first real job

Hi everyone, I just had my phone interview yesterday and I felt really rushed because my interviewer sounded like she was just reading/reciting what she had to say and wasn't very interactive. All she said was "okay" to all my responses and a couple of times at the beginning she moved on before I could finish talking. She didn't really ask me very many situational questions so I'm feeling pretty bummed about my interview. It only lasted about 12-15 minutes. I actually added at the end of my interview that I was bilingual, hoping that would help me out a little bit. These were the questions she asked me:

- Why do you want to work for Disney?
- Have you ever had any experience living with roommates?
- Tell me about your work experience
- Tell me about a time when you had a lot of tasks to complete at once
- What are your top two role choices? (Attractions and Character Attendant)
- Are you comfortable with talking in front of a large audience?
- If you had to do the same thing over and over again every day how would you keep it interesting?
- Have you ever had any experience handling money?
- Why do you want to be a Character Attendant?
- How do you feel about being interrupted during a task?
- If you were the first person guests see when they come into the park, what would you do to ensure they have a good day?
- Do you prefer working at a fast or slow pace?

Plus some other questions about how familiar you are with the Disney Look and whether you agree to all the terms for the job (pay, hours, etc) listed on their website.

Hi everyone! I had my phone interview yesterday! I scheduled it for 10:45 but she didn't end up calling me till 11:45! Here's the questions they asked me:
1. Why do you want to do the Disney College Program?
2. Why do you want to be a Vacation Planner (my top role)?
3. What is your previous work experience?
4. What is the hardest part of your current job?
5. Name a time you went over and beyond for a guest.
6. Would you prefer to work indoors or outdoors?
7. What pace do you work best at? Slow, moderate, or fast?
8. Do you prefer to work alone or are you a team player?
9. How do you deal with multiple guests at a time?
10. How would you feel about being a character attendant? Low, Moderate, or High Interest?
11. What are your top 3 roles?
12. What do you think are the main responsibilities of someone who works as a concierge?
13. Have you ever dealt with a VIP customer?
14. (This one pertains more to my top role) Since you are the first person that the guests meet when they enter the parks, How would you make their experience a magical one?
15. Do you have a valid drivers license? (This pertains to my 2nd rolecostuming)
16. Have you ever had to deal with living with a roommate?
17. How do you deal with with conflicts with roommates?
18. How would you feel about being a character attendant?
19. How would you feel about being a character performer?

Hi everyone! I had my phone interview yesterday! I scheduled it for 10:45 but she didn't end up calling me till 11:45! Here's the questions they asked me:
1. Why do you want to do the Disney College Program?
2. Why do you want to be a Vacation Planner (my top role)?
3. What is your previous work experience?
4. What is the hardest part of your current job?
5. Name a time you went over and beyond for a guest.
6. Would you prefer to work indoors or outdoors?
7. What pace do you work best at? Slow, moderate, or fast?
8. Do you prefer to work alone or are you a team player?
9. How do you deal with multiple guests at a time?
10. How would you feel about being a character attendant? Low, Moderate, or High Interest?
11. What are your top 3 roles?
12. What do you think are the main responsibilities of someone who works as a concierge?
13. Have you ever dealt with a VIP customer?
14. (This one pertains more to my top role) Since you are the first person that the guests meet when they enter the parks, How would you make their experience a magical one?
15. Do you have a valid drivers license? (This pertains to my 2nd rolecostuming)
16. Have you ever had to deal with living with a roommate?
17. How do you deal with with conflicts with roommates?
18. How would you feel about being a character attendant?
19. How would you feel about being a character performer?

Are you sure you set it to the right timezone? When I was scheduling my interview, it set the timeslots in EST and I had to make sure to select CST to make sure the timeslots matched what the actual time was in my timezone. Given they generally call on time, it sounds like that happened here?

Hi everybody I'm Alli a hotel major at JWU providence just had my telephone interview with Carrie she was a total sweetheart, my questions were pretty much the same as everybody elses. She said i mite not get into any of the lodging spots because i'm signed up for second session spring advantage :/ but fingers crossed now for the wait....

Hi , i have an interview tomorrow. Reading though this thread has helped me a ton. I was wondering what was the average age group of the CP's ? Im 22, is that too old?

Hi , i have an interview tomorrow. Reading though this thread has helped me a ton. I was wondering what was the average age group of the CP's ? Im 22, is that too old?

I will be 26 next month and I'm a Spring 2013 CP hopeful! Personally, I don't think any age would be too old. Disney always makes you feel like a kid again! =)

A few days late but I'm 22! And we had the interview on the same day!

SO I've made it through week one of waiting please let this next week go by super fast. However I do have a question. I'm signed up for Spring advantage second session but I won't get out of school til May does that mean I'm ineligible? Im just doing an internship spring tri and an online class so i may be allowed to get away with leaving early but i'm worried :(

My interview lasted 13 minutes.. I didn't know if that was a good sign or a bad one, so I was nervous all week until I heard back from DCP.

At least in my interview, I didn't get asked any tough questions. Mostly about my work experience and how I would handle situations, and also where I preferred to work (inside or outside). Other than that she just asked why I wanted to do the program, and in my opinion, it's better to have a lame reason why that is honest, than saying something about the parks as a whole. I talked about how when I went I was always trading pins with CMs, and I wanted to be able to be on the other end of the stick and make someone as happy as I remember feeling when I got mine. She liked that answer and said it was a good example.

Just be honest in your interview, because if you're not and they think you are, you could be placed somewhere that they think you would be good in based on what you said, which really was a lie, so you could end up really unhappy.

Can we talk for a minute about how Fall 2013 applications open in less than two months?

I'm already so nervous and excited; I've been waiting for this for years and it finally feels so close. This thread has been really helpful in calming my nerves, so thanks everyone for that!

Do you know the exact date they open it up? I know it is vaguely Jan, but has the specific date been announced?

The post here: disneyprogramsblog (dot) com/?p=4500 gives February as the time to apply for Fall 2013.

(Sorry, I can't post links, apparently)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter