Any tips first stay at ASMu?

Hoopfamily

We're just 3 Caballeros trying to find our way.
We've stayed at BW & WL, and a bunch off property. Been 6 years since we stayed at a Disney resort. Any tips to get the most out of ASMu, or styaing on property as a whole?

When leaving parks you can take any All Stars bus and have a short walk to Music which is in the middle.
We really like Broadway area. We often ate at Movies which is a little newer and we liked their food court better. It was a short walk. We stayed in Rock once and it did not seem themed as well as Broadway but that could be our personal opinion.
Country is the farthest walk. Jazz and Calypso have the preferred buildings.
We love AsMu and hope you enjoy your stay:)

We were just at ASMu; I don't believe that the Jazz Inn is only preferred, because we didn't pay preferred, and we were in there. Everything is located well. You can walk to the other All Stars, but we didn't want to as we were going to be walking in the parks later. I thought that the food court was pretty good, but I didn't try any other courts. I loved it there, and I hope you do too.

I know this may sound negative, but ASMu was the first AS resort I stayed at, I would've appreciated if someone told me this:

If you find your room gross and dirty, with proper ingrained dirt everywhere, ask to be transferred to Movies or Sports. I haven't had that kind of problem anywhere else, that room clearly hadn't been cleaned properly for a loooong time and I've heard others with the same complains.

I know some people love ASMu and most likely you will too, but if you do have the same problem as we did, it shouldn't be difficult to swap to Sports or Movies.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hoopfamily said:
We've stayed at BW & WL, and a bunch off property. Been 6 years since we stayed at a Disney resort. Any tips to get the most out of ASMu, or styaing on property as a whole?

I stayed at ASMu a few years ago in the Jazz building and I have nothing bad to say about it! I loved it and its theming. It was early September so the crowd levels were low, maybe someone wouldn't have as pleasant an experience going during peak times as I hear it gets pretty noisy and crowded.

If I would have planned better we would definitely have caught one of the nighttime movies by the pool! I think a lot of resorts do this now but that was the first time I'd seen it. It was a very busy night by the pool but I'm sure if you got there early it wouldn't be as hard to find a spot. Look at the resort schedule and try that! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter