Any thoughts on battling after cruise dizziness???

Replying to a very old thread, but I have been suffering with this for eight months! I was wondering if others still had symptoms? I have some days where it's not so bad, but it really seems to get worse when a storm is coming.

How did PT work for the people who suffer with it long term?

Interestingly enough, the PT did not seem to help me, but guess what? The vertigo went away on about Day 3 of my follow up cruise in May, 2013. So it started when I cruised in March, 2013 and lasted until I cruised in May, 2013. I didn't have any dizziness after disembarking in May. Also, the post cruise vertigo I had after my March cruise was very different from post cruise dizziness I had experienced before. This didn't just feel like I didn't have my land legs, I felt like I was listing/leaning all the time.

I have also noticed that mine may be allergy related. I have had some dizziness lately and it seems to go away as long as I take my Dymista regularly. Since we have bad mountain cedar pollen from December through February in Texas, I am wondering if my allergies set me up for the issue last year and the cruise was the icing on the cake. My mother also says her vertigo is better as long as she uses her Flonase, so you may want to check with an allergist since it's been 8 months. I'm just throwing ideas out there because I know how frustrating it is.

I board the Fantasy next Saturday and I'm a bit apprehensive. I'm going to try to stay well hydrated and take bonine every day regardless of whether I feel like I need to or not. I hope I don't have the same issue again!!! As you can see, it did not stop me from cruising. :)

How awful!!! I have heard of this and worried our first time on the dream .. We hit a tropical depression the first night but it was not unbearable.I felt fine when we got off the ship other then hitting a wall of tiredness! We had planned to drive home 5 hrs but I drove about 5 miles and pulled over and made a resv a a disney resort for the night!! We got there and all went right to sleep lol
This time I have learned and we will make plans to stay at wdw for a night to rest before driving.. We were just to tired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!