• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any suggestions for someone with a peanut allergy?

amsafko

DIS Veteran
My dd has a peanut allergy (no severe reactions to date, it makes her feel sick/mouth gets all funny). We avoid foods made with peanuts, peanut oil, and those that may have been cross contaminated with peanuts with the hopes she might outgrow her allergy. I am wondering if anyone out there has been to WDW with a peanut allergy and what popular items(i.e. Micky ice cream bars, rice crispie treats)/restaurants would be wise to avoid. We would love to do the Japanese Teppenyaki place but am not sure that would be a good idea. Thanks for any tips!

My DS has a peanut allergy and we have traveled to WDW many times with no problems at all. We usually just inform our server and they will either go over everything with us or get a chef to come talk to us. Luckily our DS sticks to the typical kid food stuff and almost all of that is fine. If something is in question, for examle the bread at Ohana is made offsite, they recommend not eating it. As much of a pain as it is, being only 1 allergy, I think we have it relatively easy compared to some people.

As for the Mickey bars, DS has always had them with no problem. There is no warning on the wrapper, and we have never been told they contain peanuts. Personally, I am comfortable with that. Others here have reported since they are made by Nestle they are unsafe and they have been told to avoid them. I guess you have to do what makes you comfortable.

Good luck! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter