Any Suggestions for our October BCV Trip?

Lurker Geoff

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone,

My family is taking our first official DVC trip in October of this year. We'll be staying at BCV (our home resort), in a 2 bedroom unit and I wanted to see if anyone has any great ideas we should try.

We have 4 small children (age as of Oct: Hannah - 5, Jackson - 3, Danielle - 20 mos, and Graham - 6 mos ) and we will be taking a babysitter with us.

I was hoping you might be able to offer suggestions to make the trip a smooth and memorable one. If anyone has suggestions as to particularly good room views, shows to see, places to eat, pools to hop, etc., we would greatly appreciate it.

As of now, we have reservations with another family to go to a princess breakfast with the girls and I was considering a fireworks cruise at epcot for our anniversary one of the nights.

Other than that, I thought we'd spend 3 or 4 days at the park and the other 3 or 4 days at SAB, but nothing is set in stone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.

Geoff

P.S. How do you get those nifty countdown clocks in your message? :p

I would suggest that you take a 'day off' from the parks.

Go to the character breakfast at Cape May.

Then enjoy Storm Along Bay (the pool at BC). Then go to 'Beaches & Cream' and get a Kitchen Sink for the whole family to try (it is huge, our family of 4 couldn't finish it, but it was fun trying).

I would then suggest that you 'pool hopped' over to BWV and try out Luna Pool. The slide looks like a roller coaster.

That evening go for a walk over on the Boardwalk and have dinner.

We were at BCV in March, and my favorite day was the day we took off from the parks and just enjoyed the resort.

Have a great trip!
DJ

We were there in October last year and are going again this year.

My advice:

Don't get upset if everything doesn't go as planned. We kind of played it by ear last year and everything worked out fine.

Take a day or TWO off from the parks, especially with kids your age. You have 39 years to go back and see what you miss this time :D

Definately try a character breakfast.

Take naps. One day we got up real early and went to the parks. Other days we slept in so the kids could enjoy the evening activities like the campfire at FW.

Take sunscreen. I could not believe how hot it was while we were there last October. It felt like the middle of July.

Have fun!!

For the countdown clock, go to the tech board and they will walk you through it. If I could do it, anybody can.

I'll be there Oct 18-25 with DS, DIL and 3 grandchildren ages 4, 3, and 4mos.
We'll probably do a couple of days of parks, try the food and wine fest. at EPCOT, do a water park, the Not So Scary Halloween Party, DS and I will do 1 day of the FUNAI Golf Classic going on that week at the Magnolia and Palm Courses, and probably spend a lot of time at SAB and the quiet pool, that's what the kids like best anyway.

Try the Character Breakfast at Cape May Cafe it really good and a lot less expensive than the Princess one at the Castle, Characters are Minnie, Goofy, and Chip and Dale at least that's who was there last Sept and this May.

If you are going to have a car you might want to consider taking it to MK and AK it's a lot more convienent than taking buses with the kids especially with strollers, I highly recommend it.

Have a great trip

taking the older kids to Mickeys Not So Spooky Halloween Party.
It's great fun for the young and young at heart crowd. Don't forget the wine and food festival. The Boardwalk had a Halloween party for the kids last year on October 31st....and on...and on....and on !!!!!

Thanks to all who responded! :)

Mickey's Not So Spooky Halloween Party sounds fun. Do you need tickets or reservations or anything? Also, do the kids dress up for these parties? We are going in early October, so I wouldn't have thought to pack any costumes.

Thanks again for the help! Any any further ideas are appreciated.

Geoff

Not So Scary Halloween Party
At Magic Kingdom 7pm till midnight
Nights of Oct 3,5,10,14,16,19,24,26,30&31
Tickets can be purchased online or thru CRO
Prices adult 29.95 child 24.95 plus tax and 3.00 mailing charge
I Recommend purchasing in advance to make sure you get them.
Attendance is limited.
Costumes are optional but I'm told the majority of adults and children do wear them.
Check out the following link

http://wdwig.com/mnssh.htm

We went last October for 8 nights with our family of 4 (DD 5, DS 3) and grandma and grandpa. We stayed in a 2BR at WLV for 4 nights and a 2 BR at BWV for 4 nights. Our kids have never had so much fun. They loved MK - the parades and any ride they were tall enough to go on. Buzz LightYear and Dumbo were favorites.

We did the MNSSHP and it was great. The kids wore costumes (it was hot so they took them off after a couple hours) and the crowds were not bad. It was well worth the money.

I think coming back to the room for lunch, a nap and a swim helped keep the kids in good spirits. The days that we went to parks far from our resort we let the kids sleep in, had breakfast in our room and then came back to the room around dinner time. If we were a close bus ride or boat ride, we came back for a nap and swim and returned to a park in the evening.

We took two days off from the parks in the middle of our trip and just enjoyed the pool and the resort. We did two character breakfasts, Chef Mickeys and the Princess breakfast. We all loved both and the kids were thrilled.

Have a great time. Don't try to do more than the kids can handle and don't be afraid to split up.

We had such a wonderful time we're going back this October 4-12th and staying at BCV!

we always do the chacater breakfast at chef mickey's usally mickey,minney,chip,dale,plutoand goofy kids love it. we go everytime. I would play your parks by your kids attitude. I don't know how much for your kids to do at mgm or epcot with their ages. best advice is don't push them you have 39 more years left goodluck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter