ANY SUCH THING AS A "QUIET" RESORT?

heidiboo

DIS Veteran
I will be traveling with my husband and 2 children (16 and 12) at the end of August. So far we have stayed at POFQ and AKL and have never had any problem with noise! :) We have stayed at CBR which we thought was very noisy. (we were by a quiet pool - which is anything but quiet at midnight!). :teeth: Are there any other resorts that anyone has stayed at that they thought were exceptionally quiet or is it just the luck of the draw on who your neighbors are?!

Thanks for your input! And no flames please! :goodvibes

I really think the North garden view rooms of the Contemporary are quiet. We stayed there during Christmas last year and didn't hear a peep. we had room on the 2nd floor overlooking the lake. Talk about peacful, it was hard to beleive looking out over the serene lake that we were in WDW!!! Very calming after a long day at the parks. :goodvibes

It must be the luck of the draw as we were just at CBR right next to the quiet pool and never heard a thing. Of course, the cold temperatures probably had something to do with that. :sunny:

I have stayed many times at CBR and didn't find it noisy. I have also stayed at POR, CSR, ASM, ASM and didn't have any problems with noise.

I think it's just luck of the draw with the neighbors. We stayed at Sports and didn't have any noise until the next door neighbors starting making multiple trips to their car with their luggage leaving the lock thing on the door in a position to stop the door from closing all the way. Everytime they went in and out we heard thump, thump, thump. Luckily we were up anyway and packing ourselves but we got everything out in one trip and didn't make all that noise. WL was very quiet when we were there and POR was too unless you happened to be in the room next to us and heard my dd let out a blood curdling scream around 11 at night on the 3rd of December:/ Sorry about that. She and her brother made it all week without fighting and I think she just chose that moment to let out all the angst she's used to venting on him.

I recommend CSR. Check out my website below for pics, links and info.

eim9ut.jpg

Photo by Ducky4Disney

ehybeg.jpg

ea5ytc.jpg

ea5z7l.jpg

eaqyk9.jpg

esu9u1.jpg

Photo by buzz2001

esucyp.jpg

Photo by buzz2001

All the resorts that I have been at there were quiet were Coronado, French Qtr and Saratoga. I think Saratoga has been the most quiet of them all.

I second CSR.. when we were there it felt like we had the whole resort to ourselves. The Dig Site was even quite. This is a great resort and will definatly stay here again after we try out some others first :earboy2:

We have stayed at all the Disney resorts except Pop, and SSR was definitely the quietest.

Next would be Old Key West.

We have stayed in 3 deluxes and 3 moderates and so far the Swan has been the most quiet. I think the upscale atmosphere puts everyone on their best behavior. Plus, because there are convention rooms at the Swan & Dolphin, you'll see as many people hurrying around in business attire as you do families with young kids.

For the record though, we haven't had a real problem anywhere on property. The pools can be a little rowdy at POR and WL, but that is just because the pools are small in proportion to the number of rooms at their respective resorts. Neither one is right up against guest rooms though, so there is not even a problem there.

It really is luck of the draw. I stayed at POR once and it was very quiet. Another time, I thought I'd lose my mind it was so noisy. Our worst experience was at CSR. There were people staying by us that would yell to people across the way at all hours of the night. Amazing.

I know this will sound odd, but I've found the best rooms are those located right next to an air conditioning unit. It makes for great white noise!

I found AKL to be the noisiest just because I heard a lot of running families down the long hallways....but it wasn't really a nuisance or anything :sunny:

I've never had a problem with experiencing thin walls at Disney or anything like that...but I found the GF to be quiet each time we've stayed. I guess you could be randomly next to a loud family, but I haven't had that happen to me at WDW so far :wizard:

I've definitely experienced the loud neighbor thing like that old Poly thread described, but never at a WDW resort (I remember an experience like that at the Hilton once). I think that WDW resorts are built pretty solid because I've never heard a peep from my neighbors as of yet :earsgirl: :earsboy:

I thought the Grand Floridian was a quiet resort. I never had to deal with any noisy neighbors or noise from outside. We requested Conch Key which is further away from the Main Lobby but not too far away. (about less than 5 minutes away) Both of the rooms we had were quiet. One faced the courtyard and the other faced the marina. The marina view was quieter though.
Also, I requested to be in a dormer room which are the rooms on the top floor and they were very quiet since there was no one above us. We were lucky both times and always got the room at the very end of the hall away from the other rooms.

I have to say that we found the YC extremely quiet. I have a thing about people making noise in the halls, but we never heard a sound. About half way through our trip a group of loud, foul-mouthed, teen/college age people moved next door. After hearing a VERY loud argument for over an hour about various indiscretions, drug use, and drinking, we called the front desk. We did not want our children hearing anymore of the cursing, crude sexual descriptions, and drug information coming from that room. They were very loud and we could hear everything perfectly. Management had someone up in just a few minutes and the offenders were actually removed from the hotel. We later heard from another neighbor that management found alcohol in the room and the occupants were under 21.

Anyway, my point is that the YC was perfectly quiet most of the time, but when a problem did arise, management dealt with it promptly.

I third CSR. It is VERY quiet and relaxing. We've never had a problem there and this is one of the many reasons we keep returning :)

I have to agree with Sammie! Saratoga Springs and OKW are VERY quiet!!!! We never hear a peep out of anyone around there!! For us, it's almost a little too quiet.....(hence, our next trip to Boardwalk...probably the noisiest one out of the bunch!! :rotfl: )

We stayed by a quiet pool one time at CSR and it was terrible. They were yelling and screaming and it was after midnight. We moved off property the next day. There were 3 rooms of people that left.

Shades of Green is VERY quiet. Of course you have to qualify to stay there, but it is the quietest of any of the Disney places we have stayed.

I thought POR was fairly peaceful...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter