1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Any Starbucks sightings yet?!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Scrappy_Tink, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Laurabearz

Laurabearz <font color=deeppink>I cant load my bobbin!<br><fo

I was hoping for one in Tomorrowland... After all it's 'Star'bucks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

They all sound good to me :thumbsup2 except Main St Bakery. Only because Main St Bakery already gets SO busy in the mornings. If would be nice to have another place to divert some of the rope drop crowd. If they do place the Starbucks into the Bakery, I hope they make it bigger inside and more counters....

4. bsbrady

bsbrady Disney Veteran

I agree. I don't think Disney would put it right on Main Street. It would be more suited to one of the lands.

One thing that would be interesting, is when they start this will Starbucks coffee start being served in other locations in the world. Maybe not a SB store just serve their coffee

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

It hasn't so far in California Adventure :confused3 I wouldn't mind if a few other places started selling Starbucks coffee so at least it would break up the morning crowd a little

6. mousermerf

mousermerf DIS Veteran

Disney has an existing contract with Joffrey's Coffee - they're the ones who run the stands found throughout Epcot (by Energy, Showcase Plaza, World Showplace, America, monorail station) and the TTC.

When the Starbucks thing was announced, it was a surprise to Joffrey's, and reportedly pissed them off. Disney then declared they would be maintaining their existing relationships and Starbucks was not replacing any existing contracts for operation within the parks.

So that means those locations are staying Joffrey's for the foreseeable future. NesCafe is what has been used at other locations around WDW with a few exceptions. That, as a product, could be replaced, but it seems unlikely as DLR did not adopt a similar policy.

7. cruisingkat

cruisingkat DIS Veteran

e
    I would think that based on the lines and crowds at the Starbucks in Disney California Adventure, Writers Stop would be way too small.
    The Disney California Adventure store has a large seating area since they serve food as well as coffee and coffee drinks and is a little smaller (register area about the same size and seating area about half the size) than the Liberty Inn in the American Adventure in Epcot.

8. WDWChloe

WDWChloe WDW Annual Passholder

Haha cute :)

Honestly I could see 2 locations in MK...

9. Laurabearz

Laurabearz <font color=deeppink>I cant load my bobbin!<br><fo

Insure hope so. The main street bakery is already packed!
    I would also love one at the TTC!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

10. scoutie

scoutie DIS Veteran

Wait a minute....Nescafe? Am I to understand that there isn't any real coffee at Disney? I'm also a loose leaf tea drinker.....am I completely out of luck?

I need my caffeine. I don't drink soda.

Dang!

Should I bring my tea brewer with me and some loose leaf tea? The resorts will have hot water, yes?

11. Mommyof3inVA

Mommyof3inVA Mouseketeer

I read on a Disney blog somewhere that the new Starbucks/Main Street Bakery will reopen May 16th 2013. Until then it is closed.

12. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

There is Kona coffee in a press pot at Kona Cafe, FWIW.

We bring our own coffee. (though I don't mind the Starbucks thing at all, being an iced latte drinker when I'm not brewing my own Peets or Tullys)