Any rumors for 2013 theme?

patty57

DIS Veteran
Let the Memories Begin should be ending in 2012. Has anyone heard any rumors about next year's theme?

Still nothing? Don't they usually announce next year's theme around this time?

This is just opinion, but it seems that many have a lot of speculation with the RFID Technology they're implementing....

I think it would be neat if they did something similar to the "Million Dreams" campaign a few years ago, but use the RFID band

You wake up one morning and realize that you just received "x", or you walk by an attraction and find out you won "x". Everything would already be loaded into the tag.
Not sure of exactly how the technology would work, but it would be a nice surprise to receive something this way :thumbsup2

Not sure what the theme would be.

The 2013 theme was announced this morning in Times Square with a big castle ice sculpture. Limited Time Magic. They will have themed magical weeks with special touches that will disappear the next week. For an example they gave Love Week (Valentine's day week), they will have special menus at certain restaurants and light the castle in red/pink colors.

The site isn't up yet but it will be at limitedtimemagic.com.

The 2013 theme was announced this morning in Times Square with a big castle ice sculpture. Limited Time Magic. They will have themed magical weeks with special touches that will disappear the next week. For an example they gave Love Week (Valentine's day week), they will have special menus at certain restaurants and light the castle in red/pink colors.

The site isn't up yet but it will be at limitedtimemagic.com.

Hmmm... i guess we'll see how this one turns out...
It seems that "the magic" everyone expects at Disney will become its theme... With what little has been mentioned, these things seem to be things you would already expect to happen at Disney....again, we'll see.:coffee:

Maybe I'm missing something:confused3
doesn't sound very exciting to or "Magical" to me....
the other thing I don't get...why do they announce it in Time Square?
seems to me they should announce it at Disneyland (since it was the first) and go from there

like the PP said.....we'll see.....

I think it's probably a way to get guests to come during lower season and it won't cost that much for Disney. Red,white and blue lights bathing the castle for 4th of July? A romantic menu for Valentines Day, a pirates week? it all seems okay but other than the ice castle, not a reason that I would change my dates or plans. Perhaps this is their replacement inticement instead of free dining. Saves them money and brings folks in for what they think will be an "exclusive" week of different things. I'll wait and see.

I just checked out the limitedtimemagic.com and it looks like they are doing something every week not just special weeks like Valentine's Day. They just don't have any information about what the magic will be each week. Hopefully it's not just lighting up the castle in different ways...I wonder what they'll do the week we are there??

"Limited Time Magic" is a horrible name though. Doesn't conjure up anything exciting for me, sounds more like the warranty on some of the cheap Disney merchandise. ;)

Hunclemarco said:
This is just opinion, but it seems that many have a lot of speculation with the RFID Technology they're implementing....

I think it would be neat if they did something similar to the "Million Dreams" campaign a few years ago, but use the RFID band

You wake up one morning and realize that you just received "x", or you walk by an attraction and find out you won "x". Everything would already be loaded into the tag.
Not sure of exactly how the technology would work, but it would be a nice surprise to receive something this way :thumbsup2

Not sure what the theme would be.

I loved that year! I too think that would be a great idea.

lvcourtneyy said:
I've been wondering the same thing! The Limited Time Magic site says starting January 2013 but I haven't heard a thing!! I'm really hoping to see some of it during our Jan 3-10 stay!

Me too. I really hope its on the order of The Year of a Million Dreams. That was an awesome year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter