Any rumors for 2013 theme?

Discussion in 'Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promot' started by patty57, Sep 5, 2012.

1. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

Let the Memories Begin should be ending in 2012. Has anyone heard any rumors about next year's theme?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. eeyoresnr

eeyoresnr DIS Veteran

4. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

Still nothing? Don't they usually announce next year's theme around this time?

5. iScrap

iScrap Mouseketeer

I'm curious too..

6. eeyoresnr

eeyoresnr DIS Veteran

and I thought the DVC was the best kept secret :scratchin

7. Curoly06

Curoly06 Mouseketeer

It would be neat if they could continue giving out nights at the castle suite! princess:

8. Hunclemarco

Hunclemarco DIS Veteran

This is just opinion, but it seems that many have a lot of speculation with the RFID Technology they're implementing....

I think it would be neat if they did something similar to the "Million Dreams" campaign a few years ago, but use the RFID band

You wake up one morning and realize that you just received "x", or you walk by an attraction and find out you won "x". Everything would already be loaded into the tag.
    Not sure of exactly how the technology would work, but it would be a nice surprise to receive something this way :thumbsup2

Not sure what the theme would be.

9. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

good one. :rotfl:

10. BelleBeautyandtheBeast

BelleBeautyandtheBeast <font color=red>Disney Dreamer<br><font color=blue

The 2013 theme was announced this morning in Times Square with a big castle ice sculpture. Limited Time Magic. They will have themed magical weeks with special touches that will disappear the next week. For an example they gave Love Week (Valentine's day week), they will have special menus at certain restaurants and light the castle in red/pink colors.

The site isn't up yet but it will be at limitedtimemagic.com.

11. Hunclemarco

Hunclemarco DIS Veteran

Hmmm... i guess we'll see how this one turns out...
    It seems that "the magic" everyone expects at Disney will become its theme... With what little has been mentioned, these things seem to be things you would already expect to happen at Disney....again, we'll see.:coffee:

12. eeyoresnr

eeyoresnr DIS Veteran

Maybe I'm missing something:confused3
    doesn't sound very exciting to or "Magical" to me....
    the other thing I don't get...why do they announce it in Time Square?
    seems to me they should announce it at Disneyland (since it was the first) and go from there

like the PP said.....we'll see.....

13. ctl

ctl Mouseketeer

I think it's probably a way to get guests to come during lower season and it won't cost that much for Disney. Red,white and blue lights bathing the castle for 4th of July? A romantic menu for Valentines Day, a pirates week? it all seems okay but other than the ice castle, not a reason that I would change my dates or plans. Perhaps this is their replacement inticement instead of free dining. Saves them money and brings folks in for what they think will be an "exclusive" week of different things. I'll wait and see.

14. loveshak22

loveshak22 DIS Veteran

I just checked out the limitedtimemagic.com and it looks like they are doing something every week not just special weeks like Valentine's Day. They just don't have any information about what the magic will be each week. Hopefully it's not just lighting up the castle in different ways...I wonder what they'll do the week we are there??

15. tiki23

tiki23 <font color=darkorchid>Able to leap a double strol

"Limited Time Magic" is a horrible name though. Doesn't conjure up anything exciting for me, sounds more like the warranty on some of the cheap Disney merchandise. ;)

16. loveshak22

loveshak22 DIS Veteran

hahahaha - :rotfl2:

17. tcp0421

tcp0421 DIS Veteran

I loved that year! I too think that would be a great idea.

18. tcp0421

tcp0421 DIS Veteran

Bumping this. Like to see if anyone has heard of anything.

19. tcp0421

tcp0421 DIS Veteran

Nothing at all??

20. lvcourtneyy

lvcourtneyy DIS Veteran

I've been wondering the same thing! The Limited Time Magic site says starting January 2013 but I haven't heard a thing!! I'm really hoping to see some of it during our Jan 3-10 stay!

21. tcp0421

tcp0421 DIS Veteran

Me too. I really hope its on the order of The Year of a Million Dreams. That was an awesome year.