Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by minnieandmickey, Jul 29, 2012.

1. carmie3377

carmie3377 Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

From the DCL website:

New Itineraries and Ports for 2014
    Get ready to explore dazzling destinations in 2014! Disney Cruise Line is offering cruises departing from such popular home ports as Miami, Florida, Port Canaveral, Florida and Galveston, Texas—and sailing to spectacular ports of call in the Bahamas and Caribbean.

I guess this means when they release further dates for the Wonder and Magic one of them will sail from Galveston?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. carmie3377

Also, what about the WBTA for the Magic? Have I just missed it or is it not listed anywhere?

4. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

I didn't either. Maybe it's just for G/P?

5. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Ok I'm bummed that there are no west coast of the northern American continent offerings at all. I hope there will be something out this way this summer.

6. deanimal

deanimal DIS Veteran

It looks like there's no data for the Magic after May 20 and for the Wonder after May 1st. So for people wondering where Disney is going in the summer of 2014, there's still nothing from the classic ships. Not even a hint.

7. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Confirmed by whom? Lets remember this year Dream had a couple of 5n double dip...

8. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

Totally not interested in any of it. My TA emailed me and said no San Juan in 2014 (so far). She asked me if I wanted to flip my dummy cruise to something in 2014, but there is nothing I want right now. Guess I'll have to wait to see what the rest of 2014 holds or where the classic ships are going in later 2014 :confused3

9. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Confirmed by DCL. All of the above info is on their website. Magic/Wonder until May; Dream/Fantasy through August.

Double dips are not huge money makers for DCL.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

10. cheerbop

cheerbop DIS Veteran

Looking to book our first cruise.

We wanted a 4 night on the Dream we think, earlier in June, but I see none in the first half of June. Am I missing something? Thought about 5 night, but want to be on a newer ship.

We need 2 staterooms as we are a family of 6. Otherwise, we would consider a 7 night on the Fantasy. But, sigh, that is way too cost prohibitive.

11. sammatt

sammatt Mouseketeer

Yep, confirmed by the DCL website. I took the initial write-up from the press release, then confirmed each of the dates on the DCL website.

12. 2CME911

2CME911 Mouseketeer

FWIW I think this observation is significant. Here's hoping that DCL has something up it's sleeve for the classic ships in the second half of 2014! I'm going to put my nickels in for an EBTA followed by northern European followed by Mediterranean itineraries for the Wonder, in conjunction with a redo in dry dock.

13. ddixon1

ddixon1 Mouseketeer

NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY
    in MAY 2014

Puleez.

14. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

For what year? If your thinking of one for next year there isn't one because of the dry dock.

Sent from my Samsung Galexy Ace using the DISBoards app

15. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Forgive me if this is obvious. I just figured out the "why release dates now?" It has nothing to do with when specials start and end or when the last one year booking windows sailed (although I was kind of banking on these-
    http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...promotion-signal-2014-itinerary-release-date/

It's all just to piggy back on the New Fantasyland pr when it opens tomorrow. Many of the articles even contain references to New Fantasyland.

Oh. I get it.

16. carmie3377

Yes, for 2013 to bring the Magic back after the Med. I didn't realize they were doing a dry dock and while I understand why it needs to be done, just surprised they won't be bringing passengers back WB.

Oh well, maybe for 2014. We really want to do a WBTA and next year probably wouldn't work for us anyway.

17. TitanBrett

TitanBrett Mouseketeer

Am I losing my mind? I dont see prices for 2014 anywhere on the website

18. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

You won't until it opens to the public tomorrow. Today is only by phone and for gold and platinum members.

19. TitanBrett

TitanBrett Mouseketeer

ahhh, thanks, ill call

20. cheerbop

cheerbop DIS Veteran

So those of you getting price quotes this morning, how are they looking to you? I have a friend who called to book and she said the price was CRAZY compared to 2012 and even 2013!!

21. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

From what I'm seeing on the price threads for each ship, it is RIDICULOUS! What was the wait for? Disney not only didn't have any surprises, but obviously did not learn from their overpricing of 2013! I think they just priced me right out of sailing with them. :scared: