Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by minnieandmickey, Jul 29, 2012.

1. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

But isn't Disney's overall business families. They market the parks to families. Why does the cruise line have to be different?
    Do other cruise lines change up their itinerates every year?
    Again as I’ll asked before do other cruise lines that sail in Europe change itinerates every year or do they do the same one?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DahliaRW

DahliaRW Registered

It seems that if the school issue is really hampering filling ships, thad Disney should start seeking out and soliciting those who have more flexible schedules. I'm thinking specials aimed at areas where school is year round and their breaks are different from the average school (i.e. Arizona?), those with children too young for school, or homeschoolers...

4. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

Meeee three!

5. Ptwolfman

Ptwolfman Mouseketeer from CA

Same here. As it is, we have to fly to the West Coast unless we want to leave from Vancouver or Galveston

6. keishashadow

keishashadow <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

Wonder if they've considered sailing out of SJU? They could offer 7 night cruises that include aruba & curacao as RCCL often does.

Why not a bermuda route? So many here post they don't get off the ship in ports anyway and with the sea days would spend more $ onboard. Not sure if it would be feasible to work in stop @ CC if sailing from PC though.

As an east-coaster, I'd like to see a short 3 or 4 day up the coast vs any Mexican itinerary; especially if it included a stop in San Francisco (wouldn't have to be closed loop to make me happy). Certainly would make it easy to tie in with DL trips.

7. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

I agree. Other cruise lines don't mix it up every year. They do sail a few more itineraries but as others have pointed out, they have many more ships. I don't think the average cruiser will go to the more exotic ports. It seems like the other cruise lines bigger ships are concentrated in the Caribbean ports and the smaller ones scattered.

I thought I had heard once that the ports will negotiate contracts and the ships are anchored there for that period of time. For instance, (making up a time), the Fantasy has to sail from PC for 5 years. That wouldn't allow for a huge variance.

8. Parkerpooh

Parkerpooh Mouseketeer

Or spend more time marketing to canadians as we can take our kids out of school whenever we want!

9. chateau

chateau DIS Veteran

They could market the ship differently for those with very young children, not dependent on school schedules. Why not make it clser to a traveling wdw, with live shows geared toward younger children (the live shows seemed too theatrical for my little ones to stay interested) like the Little Mermaid or Disney Junior Live on stage.... along those lines. Sometimes parents need a little r&r, to be ''away'' yet have the kids well entertained.... seeing all their favorite disney characters. From conversations I had, it seems the preschool age children are highly interested in meeting characters, that running around is too stressful. They could build that up a bit.

10. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

For one thing, A CHANGE OF PORTS! :thumbsup2

Geez, Disney, how many surveys do you have to send out before you actually go through with trips to Bermuda or Southern Caribbean. I think it would be a terrific change up if Disney did 10 and 11-day cruises HERE and not just in the Med. They could do so many more itineraries and new ports. Many ships leaving from the east coast are now doing 8 and 10-night cruises. A nice change up.

St. Maarten, St. John, St. Thomas, Grand Cayman and Cozumel have been done for 12+ years. That's the big yawn :(

11. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

Agreed. I was hoping they'd come back to NYC so we could sail without flying. From everything I read, those sailings did quite well! Even sailing out of Baltimore would be nice.

Exactly what I thought. We loved our PC cruise that we did in August of 2005. Now they only seem to do them during the school year! It was a nice 2-week vacation and we loved the relaxation of it and the ports we saw.

12. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

13. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

14. tellemarie

tellemarie Mousejunkie!

I'm wondering this myself! We're planning on having a cruise wedding in early 2014 and we don't want any other cruise line! The longer they wait to release the dates the more worried I get about this!

15. tellemarie

tellemarie Mousejunkie!

OH! I just called the DCL line and they say we can start booking 12/6/2012. Not today. Nice going, Disney blog :rolleyes:

16. wifey1220

wifey1220 DIS Veteran

I just called they said after 9:30 the website should be updated but just to view no booking yet

17. tellemarie

tellemarie Mousejunkie!

Do you think the rates will be up yet?

18. Summerl30

Summerl30 Mouseketeer

how long before we can book?

19. Chee Chick

Chee Chick DIS Veteran

Am I reading this article correctly that the Magic and Dream will be doing the same itinerary from PC? Why choose the Magic if you can sail on the newer Dream.

So sad to see the Magic leaving Galveston. Looks like I will be booking the Fantasy for 2014.

20. tellemarie

tellemarie Mousejunkie!

Can't book until the 6th :(

21. Summerl30

Summerl30 Mouseketeer

cheaper I am guessing? Maybe it will be a slightly different itinerary.