Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by minnieandmickey, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Mariellen102

Mariellen102 Mouseketeer

This is frustrating to me , bc I am looking to book the first 4day on the dream in jan!! Which if they stick to the same schedule would b jan 5.2014 !!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

I think DCL's mistake was to price their cruises as though they still had only 2 ships to fill.

4. DizDragonfly

DizDragonfly <font color=green>Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I

:thumbsup2 I completely agree!

5. AnnaS

AnnaS DIS Sponsoor/Veteran

The year is almost over - DCL what are you waiting for????????

6. disneydreaming92701

disneydreaming92701 DIS Veteran

Yep.... that is the problem. Price like only two ships...

7. GaDisneyFreak

GaDisneyFreak Earning My Ears

Bingo!!! They have gotten to proud of their product and it has backfired bigtime!!! They probably don't know what to do with their prices now. 1. They could lower them for 2014, then many people will cancel and go then. 2. Or leave the pricing structure the same and have to continue the discounts. Either way, they are not going to be getting the prices their wanting.

8. keishashadow

keishashadow <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

thank you:thumbsup2

Classic sales strategy is to get customers to commit upfront. I'd be willing to venture that many guests don't realize they can walk their reservations forward unless they're DISboard savvy or call DCL and are advised it's an option.

imo, DCL should consider offering an alternative to traditional on-board booking as to a specific cruise. Why not also offer cruise certificate that would permit a % off future bookings and OBC? It's not uncommon in the travel industry.

Example: DCL would require a nominal downpayment pp (i suggest $100pp;)) to secure the certificate that naturally would be subject to availablity. Since suites are such hot tickets, they'd require a higher downpayment. Not that i'd want to see it, but they could put an expiration date on the certificate of say two years from orginal booking date to avoid messy accounting issues.

9. Never to old

Never to old DIS Veteran

Last time they released them around the end of Jan. lets see if they do the same this year

10. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

DCL released the 2013 Wonder and Magic itineraries through early September in January 2012. However, they released the 2013 Dream and Fantasy cruises in October 2011.

11. FJS961

FJS961 DIS Veteran

Word on the ship from last week is January

12. disneyxperts

disneyxperts Formerly "OH 6" on the Dis

Most airlines and hotels begin booking at 11 months or 330 days out - so they'll likely shoot for that. So I'd believe the Jan 2013 date...later in Jan most likely so that people have a little time to get the holiday spending in the rear view mirror.:car:

We'll ask when we're on the Fantasy in a couple of weeks.

13. jamodeo

jamodeo Earning My Ears

i'm about ready to give up and go with another cruise line even though it's the last thing i want to do. but the difference in price at this point is also a a huge factor.

14. canadianjovigirl

canadianjovigirl DIS Veteran

I have actually gone ahead and put a deposit on a suite on NCL for a Feb 2014 cruise (our first one) since i got tired of waiting on DCL. May still change it to Disney once i see the prices etc whenever they come out.

15. MND

MND DIS Veteran

Which year?:lmao:

16. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Maybe DCL is waiting to see if the world ends on December 21st - before committing to 2014!

17. DMMarla07860

DMMarla07860 DIS Veteran

Haha, seems like it

18. disneydreaming92701

disneydreaming92701 DIS Veteran

Agreed. Dh said maybe we should try something new. Disney what are you doing.......

19. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Soooo, day 59 of waiting and still nada. Wonder if I'll hit two cruises while waiting?

20. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

They are in trouble... I believe they recently gave away 100 free cruises for Miami cruising in this December in Facebook. Celebrating the new port...

But if so, it means they had a December cruise with 100 empty cabins??? That's a problem. But I think it goes across all other lines. NCL had an 8night fire sale for early dec for under $200 per person from NY...

21. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

Then again, who wants to cruise from NYC in Dec? Unless it's a really long cruise, at least 2 days in each direction will be too cold to enjoy the outdoor activities. It wasn't that cold in Alaska!