Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by minnieandmickey, Jul 29, 2012.

1. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

I think the point the pp was making was that many (most?) people don't do what you did. Yours was NOT a dummy booking, but booking the furthest out, cheapest cruise with one person in the cabin is. If DCL simply stopped encouraging/allowing people to do that, dummy bookings might be reduced. Not that they will, because they still haven't released next year (as we ALL know!), and yet they want to snag all the people currently are on board. Oh well.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pillow

pillow DIS Veteran

I think you are correct. If you booked through a TA, you will need to call the TA to move the dates.

Jodie

4. MAJPLO

MAJPLO DIS Veteran

Well this is no good. My TA and I are on the west coast and while I'm willing to get up at four or five in the morning to look at opening rates, I'm sure she is not. Can I call DCL to change? Maybe look online for what I want while I wait on hold?

What's the best advice from all the experienced DISers?

5. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

If your travel agent works for an agency that specializes in Disney travel, I'm pretty sure she will be up very early in the morning. I know mine in Seattle is when new itineraries are available to book.

6. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

You always have the TA taken off or switch. Of call DCL and ask. I hope your TA will get up early though for you.

7. disneydreaming92701

disneydreaming92701 DIS Veteran

I agree. If this was not permitted there would be a lot less cruisers. West not think about disney next time if we hadn't already booked our next cruise on the ship and since we didn't want to cruise for at least two years there was no other way for Disney to ensure repeat customers

8. DizDragonfly

DizDragonfly <font color=green>Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I

Any given stateroom, on _any_ cruise line's ship, is sold an average of 2.5 times before sailing. So, don't stress it. :thumbsup2

9. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

The travel agent has to agree to release a reservation back to DCL. Dropping a travel agent shouldn't be done for a frivolous reason.

10. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Oh I wasn't implying that. So sorry if that's how that came across. Would never want to offend the wonderful TAs here! I just always assumed that using a travel agent was a choice. That's all I wanted to imply. I use one. I'm not concerned that she won't get things done for me. If I didn't have confidence in the process then I'd do my own bookings.

11. Susiesark

Susiesark DIS Veteran

I book through DCL so I can move it around if I need to but my TA works with me, knowing that I will transfer the ressie to her before final payment. That way I get her OBC and she gets a commission.

12. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Your travel agent gets a reduced commission from DCL for a transferred reservation. On the other hand, the travel agent has to do less work for a transferred reservation. Some travel agencies reduce the amount of OBC for transferred reservations, too.

13. minnieandmickey

minnieandmickey Queen of the run on sentence!

This is what I will be doing with my current ressie that I'm saving for a Christmas cruise in 2015

14. Chee Chick

Chee Chick DIS Veteran

I booked a dummy date this past week during my Thanksgiving cruise, so now I am also waiting for 2014 to be released. I asked about the 2014 release date while booking and I was told that they should be released by early February.

15. pixidustmom

pixidustmom Dreaming of the World

Wait what did you just write? February?? Well gosh darn it. Oh well will have tax money then so I guess it's a good thing?

16. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

Arrrghhh, February? Oh well, glad I got my TA to move my current dummy cruise to next November!

17. PirateLife4Me:)

PirateLife4Me:) Mouseketeer

They aren't even giving people a full year to plan upcoming vacations, maybe they made a big mistake by adding a fourth ship

18. disney minnie

disney minnie DIS Veteran

We were told January on the Thanksgiving cruise

19. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

I think the mistake wasn't the 4th ship but that the new ships have SO MANY cabins. The ships aren't too big, just too many people on them.
    :crazy: :crowded:

20. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

We heard the same on the Magic qualified by "at earliest"

21. disneydreaming92701

disneydreaming92701 DIS Veteran

So frustrating because on the fantasy in June we were told October.....