Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by minnieandmickey, Jul 29, 2012.

1. mom4fun

mom4fun DIS Veteran

If you don't care about date, then you don't need to do an opening day booking. Most dates will not start to go up in price for many months away. If you want great weather and great prices, May is a good month.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dishm12/08

dishm12/08 Obsessing Over Our Disneymoon. One Day At A Time

I looked at the deck plans but I want to be sure I didn't miss anything. The decks that interest us are 7,8,9 on Dream. I have written down the types of staterooms on each of these decks for Fantasy. They look to be the same stateroom types for Dream. Am I right?

4. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

They are sister ships so they have generally the same layout. Some bars have different names IIRC.

5. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

My prediction for the Magic for summer of 2014 is to return to NYC. After seeing so many specials for Galveston sailings, I don't think I saw any for NYC sailings. Heck once you factor KSF, it's the same price for us to sail a 6 nt from Galveston and we would have paid for a 2 nt from NYC. (if all 4 of sailed it.)

I wouldn't be surprised to see some specials out of Miami too.

NYC $ allows DCL to charge big bucks with no specials necessary.

6. Chee Chick

Chee Chick DIS Veteran

There would be no KSF specials if there were sailing from Galveston in the summer. I really think they could fill the ship if they offered summer cruises. The price I paid for my holiday sailing from Galveston was very close to the same sailing on the Fantasy from Florida. You are comparing apples and oranges.

7. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Beat me to it.

8. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

NYC sold out almost all of the cruises including the September ones. VERY popular from all quad state area (NY/NJ/CT/PA). DCL knows this - CMs on board of our August ship when I booked my dummy one said it was SO GOOD it would be crazy for Disney not to return to them. Even the 8 nights were extremely popular.

Now, they did mention that Canada was expensive to dock so, those could be iffy. North East families would rather not drive down i-95 and spend the extra days on board - me included (I'm from NJ).

I still say it would be ideal for DCL to have a Nov and Dec cruises out of here - even if they go up to Boston or down to Baltimore. 1st week in Nov is know at WDW as NJ week, and if you look at the past few years, they stopped all FD promos during them, cause half the state goes down.

Our first choice would be for a Xmas or New Years crusie out of NY area. If not, then we probably will do a Fantasy east or west caribbean New Years cruise.

Impatiently waiting...

9. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

They way I see it, it's very risky to cruise out of Galveston during the summer. A Hurricane comes into the golf and the ship has nowhere to go. If it's big enough, there wouldn't even be a way around it.

From Miami or PC or even NYC, you can move anywhere in order to miss it. Even a NYC Bahamas cruise could become a Canada one if you have something coming up the coast, or the ship would move east and around it.

Also, longer cruises have not done so well out of Galveston and they already had to introduce KSF. I believe some of the longer ones were made into two shorter ones, right?

10. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Yes that is correct. My first thought when I saw my TA's email about the KSF was good grief, they can't give those cruises away.

11. DL_DCA_fans

DL_DCA_fans Mouseketeer

the 2014 port schedule for Grand Cayman shows the Disney Wonder in port from January thru April and November thru December.

12. Momma2Jax

Momma2Jax DIS Veteran

It is also showing the Magic every 14 days jan-April, and nov-dec 2014

13. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

14. karylrocks

karylrocks I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....

May 11, Cat. 8A

15. karylrocks

karylrocks I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....

That is very intriguing...I hope it is a special or extended sailing! I was wanting to try the Fantasy but would jump at another southern route.

16. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

And we have friends from both Delaware and Maryland who also were thrilled with the NYC port. And pretty much anyone in New England and some parts of Canada can drive there in one day and save airfare! (hint hint Disney ;))

17. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Agree - I'd cruise from MD or even Boston in a heartbeat if that would come out.

18. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

The three September Canada cruises never increased in price - at least for the least expensive insides. Yes, the ship did finally fill after DCL offered great DVC rates again, as well as IGT/OGT/VGT fares.

19. Princess_Kayla

Princess_Kayla Pre Published Author

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows when the 2014 Fantasy cruise dates are coming out. We booked a dummy cruise and we were told October. Any idea's if it's going to be soon? :hyper:

20. MND

MND DIS Veteran

Yes, it could be soon.

21. Mariellen102

Mariellen102 Mouseketeer

So if the schedule was to be released mon or tue of next week? Would gold or plat members be finding out today? Or how far in advance do they get notified? So maybe we would get a warning they are comming soon?