Any recommendations for Port Adventures in Alaska?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by TwingleMomFl, Jan 1, 2013.

1. TwingleMomFl

TwingleMomFl Mouseketeer

Anyone have advice for what to do or not to waste my time doing in Alaska? Also what is there to do on the ship? I know silly question but I've only done Caribbean and Bahamian cruises where I spend all my free time at the pool.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. abdgeek

abdgeek DIS Veteran

There will be lots to do on the ship: tastings, characters, movies, cooking demos, shows, etc. I never have time to do everything I want. The Alaskan Cruise was no exception. You won't do the pool, but there are so many other things to do.

As far as what to do, I would suggest looking up each city and seeing what they are known for. I did the following Disney excursions on my Alaskan cruise: Mendenhall Glacier and the gardens in Juneau, Whitepass Railway and Yukon Suspension Bridge in Skagway, and Saxman Native Village and Lumberjack show in Ketichkan. I had a great tiime on all of the excursions, but there were other ones that I wanted to do also.

4. TwingleMomFl

TwingleMomFl Mouseketeer

What on ship activities are there to do that need signing up with guest services? I know there are cooking classes and tea with Alice, anything else?

5. lucky1

lucky1 Face Character

I agree there never seems to be enough time to do everything on the ship. With that we went to a couple of the nature talks (some were good and some were not so good, I think it really depends on who they have come on the ship).

Do not miss spending time up on Deck 9 or 10 during Tracy's arm. There are characters and photographers up there that you might not get to see and they will capture you with fantastic backgrounds.

Our all time favorite excursion and we felt well worth the money was the flight to the Enchanted Taku Lodge in Juneau, expensive but it was well worth it. Look at tripadvisor.com for some non Disney reviews of it.

I would love to do Alaska again!

6. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

7. TwingleMomFl

TwingleMomFl Mouseketeer