Any recent Hair Braiding experiences / pictures withi some questions...

Can you get this done right after you get on board, or do you have to wait until later in the cruise? And where on the Dream do they do it? Do you need to make an appointment, or do you just show up?

Good questions...I want to know too. I would like to get it done as soon as possible.

I got my hair braided on my last cruise because it was windy and my hair was driving me crazy...it turned out to be a huge waste of money, because not only did it hurt while getting it done, it continued to hurt for 2 days...I went back to ask the woman if that's normal, and she just brushed me off and suggested I take advil (I was pretty much living off of it by then!). I took them out the evening of day 2 - it just was not getting any better. What a feeling of relief to get them OUT! And just to clarify I am normally pretty darn tolerant of pain...this was horrible....I think it may have just been an issue with them braiding it too tight...

Both of my girls got the headband cornrows on the Wonder last spring. They were adorable and it made the vacation so easy because we didn't have to worry about doing anything with their hair. My kids are complete wimps when it comes to hair brushing, etc, so I thought for sure they would bail with half a head of braids, but they said it didn't hurt much at all - no tears, no whining - not even an "ouch". We left them in about 2 weeks (whatever they recommended on the ship). They really loved showing their friends when they got home. I didn't see any hair damage when they came out. The hair was pretty nasty looking (think ratty poodle) when the braids came out, but was back to normal after a good washing. They can't wait to do it again when we sail on the Dream.

Both of my girls got the headband cornrows on the Wonder last spring. They were adorable and it made the vacation so easy because we didn't have to worry about doing anything with their hair. My kids are complete wimps when it comes to hair brushing, etc, so I thought for sure they would bail with half a head of braids, but they said it didn't hurt much at all - no tears, no whining - not even an "ouch". We left them in about 2 weeks (whatever they recommended on the ship). They really loved showing their friends when they got home. I didn't see any hair damage when they came out. The hair was pretty nasty looking (think ratty poodle) when the braids came out, but was back to normal after a good washing. They can't wait to do it again when we sail on the Dream.

Glad to hear this. Mine are the same way and I was starting to have second thoughts.

We had our 8 year old daughter's hair done on CC (we tried on the ship but she always seemed to be fully booked). There were at least 5 or 6 ladies on CC, and they weren't very busy. We went first thing and got seen right away. My daughter's hair is very fine, and we left the braids in for about 2 weeks (we live in Canada and it was just too cold to leave them in longer). I didn't find that a lot of hair came out when we took them out, but it was fairly time consuming as the braids were so small and tight.

I have to warn you that the process is very painful. My daughter is quite brave and has a fairly high pain threshold but she was close to tears the entire time and wanted to quit at several points. We did a half-head of cornrows, which cost around $35 (17 braids x $2 each).

The pain went away after the braiding process was complete, but my daughter's head was red and sore for a couple of hours.

We just returned fro a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise on the Wonder. Hair braiding was very popular so I am guessing it is on the Dream as well. The ladies work pretty fast but the appointments fill up quickly. By mid morning on our sea day I think all of the appointments were filled for that day and the following day. They offered hair braiding and wrapping. I mostly saw braids but did see one little girl getting a few wraps done. I think they had a book of examples and the kids get to pick out their bead color. This was the hair braiding sign

IMG_7112.jpg

This is a photo of my granddaughter. She loves having the half braids and has them done on every cruise. Her hair is fine. It does hurt when you have them done because they pull your hair really tight and our little one cried while the woman braided but she stopped crying as soon as it was done and never complained that it bothered her. she wants them again for our next cruise. As a previous poster said, make sure to use sunscreen. They also tell you to not use conditioner because it loosens them up too much.

IMG_7093.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter