Any reason Dec 20 not available? (Got Dec 20 , today 7-12-07)

magicalmcwho

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I just booked a ressie yesterday, for the week of Dec 16 - 23 in a one bedroom at VWL. The only problem was the the night of Dec 20 (Thurs.) was not available. I went ahead and booked the two separate ressies and waitlisted for the night of Dec 20.

Why would the one night not be available yet the other days for the entire week are still available?
Is there something important going on that night?

I was wondering why someone would just book one night especially a Thursday? Do you think the waitlist will come thru?

Jim.

12/20 is a MVMCP night. Also, the 7 month window for your dates has been open since May - I'm surprised you were able to get the nights you did get at VWL when you called yesterday.

Don't know if your waitlist will come through - but since it is a 1 bedroom, your chances are better than if you wanted a 2 bedroom or a studio.

Good luck!

Agreed, it's not suprising that the 20th isn't available, but is surprising you were able to book those other nights! You must have caught a cancellation at the right time. Since it's just one night your chances of it coming through sound pretty good. Time will tell......

I had the exact same thing happen to us when we were booking in January. The only thing I could come up with was lots of people will be checking out on Friday and lots of people will be checking in on a Thursday....creating most rooms on a Thursday taken. I say your chances are pretty good of getting the room. If my explanation is correct then as people adjust their dates of coming in and going out you may have one open up. I still think you have plenty of time to have a one night wait list come through.

Thanks for the replies,

CarolMN,

I was pretty much in shock as well when I called since the 7th month window was open since May. I had called in May about a week after the 7th month window had opened up, and a one bedroom was available. This was for my neighbors and at the time their dates were uncertain and we were leaving for WDW. So have been back a few weeks and thought I would go ahead and try to book for that time until they decide in the next few days.

I just couldnt figure why people would check-in on a Thursday? maybe cheap airfare? who knows, just seemed strange for Thursday to not be available.

Jim.

Ok, I just called today 6/28 and a 1-bedroom is available for Dec 16 thru the 19 and Dec 21 and 22. But Dec 20 (Thursday) is not available, why would anyone just book one night at just VWL resort?

Jim.

Ok, I just called today 6/28 and a 1-bedroom is available for Dec 16 thru the 19 and Dec 21 and 22. But Dec 20 (Thursday) is not available, why would anyone just book one night at just VWL resort?

Jim.

They aren't booking one night (probably). What is going on is the Jones' are starting their trip on Saturday and checking out Friday morning to go to Grandmas over in Sarasota. The Smiths are extending their Christmas vacation a few days by flying in on Thursday. So there is one night of overlap for two families vacations - multiply by 130 rooms.

Thanks crisi,

I thought it might be that or people just booking next to MK for the MVMCP that night and then off to a different resort for the weekend.

So could I book that night on cash? if available. If I book night on cash and waitlist for night comes thru can I cancel the cash ressie?

Jim

Thanks for the replies,

CarolMN,

I was pretty much in shock as well when I called since the 7th month window was open since May. I had called in May about a week after the 7th month window had opened up, and a one bedroom was available. This was for my neighbors and at the time their dates were uncertain and we were leaving for WDW. So have been back a few weeks and thought I would go ahead and try to book for that time until they decide in the next few days.

I just couldnt figure why people would check-in on a Thursday? maybe cheap airfare? who knows, just seemed strange for Thursday to not be available.

Jim.
I have 12 people checking in to 2 two bedrooms on a Thursday night 12/6. It is the day that a 4 day DCL cruise ends for DH and me. His family is meeting us that day at WDW. Anyone on the cruise that is going to WDW after the cruise instead of before would be checking in on a Thursday.

Just called MS to check on the waitlist for the night of Dec 20 and the CM said it just came available. I dont know if it would have automatically went to my waitlist or if I happen to call at just the right time. I am just glad I was able to get the night to complete the reservation.

Jim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter