any quiet resorts help

cecilia

Mouseketeer
me and my husband want to take his parents and his brother and wife and our 2 boys to disney world . we want to stay at a quiet or kinda quiet hotel his parents are grump and so i am just lost also need a place that my kids can have fun . i know it is a lot to ask we always stay at value cause we love the crazy but anyway. this is whats on my list
tree house onlt problem is all the stairs my mother in law get dizzy and has a pace maker

wilderness villa 2 bedroom
baylake villa 2 bedroom
wilderness cabins 2 of them if i can get 2 next to each other
2 rooms at coronado springs
shades of green husbands navy but down side is no one else is so they cant buy stuff at gift shop

i am just lost when we go alone we love the crazy we stay at the pool and order food till they close but with inlaws they want a quiet resort if we can find one

total people in our group is 8

husband age 32
me age 32
MIL 60
FIL 65
brother in law 30
brother in laws wife 38
son 8
son6

Although it wasn't on the list, the Beach Club Villas may be a good choice, I stayed there and it was fun because of the main pool however it had two other quiet pools that were never really busy. It was sophisticated yet laid back. It never felt really crowded like the Values can sometimes. Everyone in my group really loved it. I hope this is helpful :goodvibes

me and my husband want to take his parents and his brother and wife and our 2 boys to disney world . we want to stay at a quiet or kinda quiet hotel his parents are grump and so i am just lost also need a place that my kids can have fun . i know it is a lot to ask we always stay at value cause we love the crazy but anyway. this is whats on my list
tree house onlt problem is all the stairs my mother in law get dizzy and has a pace maker

baylake villa 2 bedroom
shades of green husbands navy but down side is no one else is so they cant buy stuff at gift shop

i am just lost when we go alone we love the crazy we stay at the pool and order food till they close but with inlaws they want a quiet resort if we can find one

total people in our group is 8

husband age 32
me age 32
MIL 60
FIL 65
brother in law 30
brother in laws wife 38
son 8
son6

The Villas at Wilderness Lodge are pretty quiet. They are off from the main resort and most of the villas have a woods view.

The only problem is how to do you fit the six adults and two kids into a two bedroom villa. You'll have a master bedroom with one king sized bed. That's our room when we go. No one else gets that room. The second bedroom will have either two queen beds or a queen bed and a double sleeper sofa depending on if it is a lockoff or dedicated two bedroom. That would be my choice for MIL/FIL/BIL/SIL. The two kids could sleep in the living room on the queen sized sleeper sofa. Or BIL/SIL could sleep in the living room and the two kids sleep with MIL/FIL. Unless you are really feeling generous and taking the second bedroom with your two kids and giving MIL/FIL the master bedroom.

You might even consider getting MIL/FIL/BIL/SIL one or two WL rooms and you get a VWL one bedroom. That gives you and your boys a little space and Grumpy and family can be in the next building over. Or if you are really feeling generous, get them two studios to be in the same building, but still a little space.

i was going to put the inlaws in the master bedroom and me and husband share a room with brother in law and sister in law and put my kids in living room or i was going to just rent 2 standard rooms one for us and one for inlaws to share

I'd recommend Port Orleans French Quarter. We've always found it to be very quiet and so easy to get around because it's small. The other bonus is that generally speaking the bus from the parks is usually direct to POFQ without going to other resorts.

Take three of the Riverview rooms on the ground floor, they won't have anyone bothering them.

Just my 2 cents

Andrew

I'd recommend Port Orleans French Quarter. We've always found it to be very quiet and so easy to get around because it's small. The other bonus is that generally speaking the bus from the parks is usually direct to POFQ without going to other resorts.

Take three of the Riverview rooms on the ground floor, they won't have anyone bothering them.

Just my 2 cents

Andrew

Does POFQ have queen sized beds now? They might get by with two rooms. One for the OP and her immediate family and one for the ILs. But they would have to pay the extra adult fee times two for the four adults in one room.

thanks open to any resorts that are not value . nothing wrong with value we like them but they are busy and loud and i love it but inlaws hate noise

well cheaper for 2 mods than 1 villa lol

Does POFQ have queen sized beds now? They might get by with two rooms. One for the OP and her immediate family and one for the ILs. But they would have to pay the extra adult fee times two for the four adults in one room.

Yes, I think they have completed the renovations and are all queen beds now. I know that on our last visit they were queens.

To Cecilia, I'm not a fan of the value resorts myself (did one, just to say I did), I'm an admitted Deluxe club level snob. (LOL) That said, POFQ is a moderate and is one of my prefered ones at that. We almost always do split stays and POFQ is often in there.

Andrew

I thought CSR was pretty quiet and we were there in June. It was at capacity and was very relaxing.

Agreed it's quiet, the problem we've always seen with CSR is the distance you have to walk to get from the rooms to the main building or taking the bus unless you get lucky with a room close to the main building. I noticed the OP was talking about MiL having a pacemaker etc.

We really enjoyed the Pepper Market resturant and pool area at CSR!

Andrew

probably the quietest of DVC resorts is Kidani - but that is not on your list.

BLT is wonderfully - because you can walk to the MK. Now it is not loud and noisey - but quiet no - it is too close to the MK for that.

that say think your family would like it better than VWL - just try for a higher lake view villa for quiet.

i love the tree house i know they have lots of stairs but my mother in law is ok if someone hold her hand she just gets dizzy now and then. even the 3 bedrooms are high . i was wanting to keep us all in one room well thansk all for the advice still looking into french quarter they look nice

aprestwich said:

Just my 2 cents

Andrew

I second POFQ! It's our fav resort, and we always find it very quiet, relaxing, and compact. Never feels crowded, we always feel like we have the place to ourselves, even the pool never has felt crowded to us.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive 32GB using the DISBoards App

i love the tree house i know they have lots of stairs but my mother in law is ok if someone hold her hand she just gets dizzy now and then. even the 3 bedrooms are high . i was wanting to keep us all in one room well thansk all for the advice still looking into french quarter they look nice

We are staying in the Treehouse Villas in September. I think they look really nice and they are quiet. I know they have a handicap accessible THV, so it is a ramp instead of stairs if that would help her. However in the treehouses, there is a master bedroom (I forget what size bed...a queen I believe), a second bedroom with a queen bed, and a bedroom with bunkbeds. The living room has a sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair. One adult couple would probably have to sleep in the living room, because the bunkbeds are more kid sized. So, that may not be what you are looking for. We'll have 9 when we go but only 3 adults.

Good luck finding a room to suit everyone! Besides quiet, what other things would your inlaws like?

Also, I wouldn't let the gift shop thing make you rule out Shades of Green. It's a very pleasant resort with large rooms. There is no pool slide, but the pool is nice. There will be tons of gift shops all over Disney so they will lots of opportunity to buy things and window shop!

baylake villa 2 bedroom

IMO, CS is a convention resort so I wouldn't qualify that as "quiet" and BayLake isn't quiet either. No resort I've ever stayed at at WDW has been loud or noisy, but they have most definitly had varying levels of serenity. The boats at BayLake woke us up every morning and kept me up every night when we stayed in a lake view, and of course, the fireworks noise on the MK side especially can't be considered quiet, though they are wonderful to view form your room and we didn't stay there several times for the noise levels. ;) WL is and IMO AKV is quieter than any I have ever stayed at but you may not appreciate it's distance from MK. Though it's right next door to CS. But that distance is exactly one of the reasons it's like an oasis.
FO-FQ IS a nice quiet resort, but you'd be snug.
Now, fitting you all in? I'll leave that up to you. ;)
Good luck!:cloud9:

IMO, CS is a convention resort so I wouldn't qualify that as "quiet" ...:

Just because CSR has a convention area does not mean it wouldn't be quiet. In fact, you could surmise that due to the conventions, there are a higher rate of adults there than children compared to other resorts, meaning less opportunity for little ones to be running up and down hallways, yelling as they make there way to and from the parks.

We stayed at CSR last Nov during one of the larger annual conventions held there and Bill Clinton was a speaker. We were not affected in the least. The name tags worn by people we passed on the walk ways were the only way we knew the attendees were even there. Conventions are typically a full schedule including lunches and dinners and evening events. This means most attendees don't make use of the resort areas frequented by park guests. Other than a busy time in the Pepper Market right before the first session a couple of days, the pools were empty, the buses light and the noise very quiet.

If the OP is used to values, they might be used to the convience of quick service which POFQ does not have. You have to go to POR. Also, with one pool at POFQ, it may be noiser than a resort with multiple pools.

CSR has the perfect blend of resort relaxation and amenities to make it fun for the kids. But the drawback I see is only booking two rooms for 6 adults and 2 children. CSR has very comfortable rooms with good space but there would be no where to space out if you needed to from each other. But that all depends upon how you think everyone will do together. :)

It wasn't on the original list but I think OKW is the quietest resort. Because of the villa configuration there are no hallways which means no excited children running for the bus in the morning! However, only certain buildings have elevators so this location may require a ground floor.

Our treehouse was far from quiet. The boat traffic on the waterways was quite loud in our villa, especially in the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms which were directly on the water. And as PP said, the 3rd bedroom with the short bunk beds is probably not ideal for 6 adults.

We have done 2 stays at Kidani and one stay was very quiet and the other was not. I'm sure that is going to happen anywhere at WDW.

If my inlaws were grumpy, I'd probably book separate rooms. :bitelip: Excluding deluxe resorts, the quietest we have experienced was at POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter