Any Pilates users out there?

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by CrzyforPiglet, Mar 17, 2003.

1. CrzyforPiglet

CrzyforPiglet <font color=CC33FF>You bring a smile the to the Ta

Okay - I'll admit it I see the infomercial and think it's the best thing since sliced bread, buy it and when it comes I lose all motivation to do it. That's what happened with my Pilates tapes, I got em and never did them but I have been faithfully doing them for 2 weeks now - going in to week three!! The exercises are really simple but effective. I feel so much stronger in my abs and I really think my "touchee" is firming up. Anyone else out there giving Pilates a try?

2. kamgen

kamgen DIS Veteran

I have the Winsor Pilates and I LOVE it...I really notice a difference in my abs from it.....If you do it 3-4 days a week, you will notice a difference within a month.

Kamy :)

3. shoes99

shoes99 DIS Veteran

I have been doing pilates for 1 1/2 years. I love it. We too bought the machine from QVC, but get better results from floor work. We belong to a Health & Fitness Center geared for the older crowd and we love it. They offer pilates, body pilates, yoga, and advanced yoga. I have lost 32 lbs and am down to 128 lbs which was my training weight when I competed in adult roller dance skating. Keep it up. I feel great and love going to the group classes.
    Michele

4. Luckymommyx2

Luckymommyx2 <font color=green>Je parle francais, et tu<br><fon

I was doing a combination of Pilates and Yoga for awhile. I really need to get back into it but I've been focusing more on cardio. Another similar tape/DVD I love is the NY City Ballet Workout. They have some of the best movements plus it really helps with posture. It's a great way for me to practice ballet moves without embarrassing myself in a leotard in front of an entire class!