Any owners that have NOT taking their 1st trip home yet?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
OH MAN! We bought back in October, and didn't think we would be using our points in 2003, because we had been going every other year. Well, I could not stand the anticipation any longer, and a few months ago called and booked the week of Thanksgiving for our 1st trip home. I really haven't thought of it much, I had been more looking forward to our cruise with the kids next April. But now I see my countdown clock say 144 days!!! I started the clock at 200 and something. In 24 days I can start making my 120 day PS arrangements. I found out my youngest child ( 3yo) hit the 40 inch mark!!! I found out my oldest child ( 7yo) is 48 inches tall, he can ride on every ride Disney has to offer ( except drive a go cart alone). I can't stand it! Last year at this time I was waiting for our October trip, little did I know then, I would be again waiting for another trip to Disney just a year later! THANK GOD FOR DVC!

Anyone else patiently ( yeah right, LOL) waiting for their 1st trip home?

Down to 47 days! We purchased last August and stayed at BC, but have not yet stayed in a villa and been an official member.

I really need to start getting serious about formalizing a packing list. We rented a beach house with friends the other weekend and I did my worst ever packing job. I was in "hotel" mode and not in "house" mode. I kept saying I have to switch gears before August!

Can't Wait!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Natt

We bought at BCV in May during what has become our annual Memorial Day weekend trip..... but now I cannot bear the thought of waiting another 11 months to go "home" for the first time! My husband's attitude is that he is happy about DVC, but he sees no reason to go to Orlando anytime soon (at least before next May) because, in his words, "we were just there." True, but now that we bought DVC, I just really want to make a short trip as soon as possible!! We'll see how this one turns out.....

We just bought in May, and will be taking our 1st trip home in Feb 2004. We should be ok packing for "hotel" mode, as we only be staying in a studio for our 1st stay. Gotta stretch those points out.:)

I've got you all beat. We bought in April of 2002 and won't go "home" until October of 2003. About 18 months. But we are "every other year" people and had just gotten back in Feb when we decided to buy.

Sorry crisi - we bought back in March 2002 and can't go home now until at least Dec 04, probably Jan 05. :eek: :( Did use a load of points for a family get together at DLP, but I'm now totally obsessed with staying at OKW for the first time. But in the meantime the birth and first year's cherishing of our second baby will hopefully take my mind of it slightly

We bought December 2002 and won't be making our first trip 'home' until August 2004 but we will be getting a little Disney fix from five nights at DLP this August.:D

We just bought at BCV in May too. I guess DVC had a good month. :D Well, I was one of those types that crunches all the numbers before buying. A thousand "what-if" scenarios went through my head. I was ready to buy and then found out that my DW was reluctant. I tried very hard to convince my wife that it was right for us. So we decided to rent points and try it on for size before buying. Next thing you know, my DW is ready to buy. She said that she wanted to all along. HUH? WHAT? Oh, I see, you just wanted it to be your idea. So, we have a trip to BWV in September renting points, but our first trip "home" is still unscheduled. No doubt it will be sometime in 2004. Our 25th wedding anniversary is June 9, 2004 so maybe we'll choose that time.

Bob Riley

*Sigh* Bought in April (VWL resale), first trip home not until November. That trip was orginally a cash trip I'd been planning since last October, but as soon as our points were available, I switched over from ASMu/AKL to VWL/AKL all on points.

(I was actually down on a business trip/vacation in June, but stayed offsite. I'm hoping our annual meeting is in Orlando again next June - I'd like to try out OKW or BWV.)

November can't come soon enough!

We also bought BCV in May while my husband and I were staying at Hilton Downtown Disney for our 12th anniversary. We were off-site with family for Spring Break in March and then back in May for the "adult only" trip. Now I can't wait to go again. DH keeps telling me that we ought to wait until October 2004 to have our first trip home. But it is driving me nuts. We bought from Disney directly and opted not to use MB because we thought,"heck, why give Disney back those valuable points." Anyway, we are planning a trip October 2004 officially with myself, DH, DD 10 and DS then will be 4 and my parents. It will be my parents first trip EVER to WDW. 2 Bedroom dedicated villa at BCV here we come. Well, back to my unending itch to go this fall. I have already secretly booked a studio at OKW for 5 nights hoping I can convince DH that it is his idea to go. I guess if I can't pursuade him I'll just have to cancel by August 1 (use year is Dec). I'm like a kid in a candy store only my candy is WDW!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Let's see. We were in WDW on August 2000 and took tour. Came home and decided to purchase - all done by 10/00 and banked those points since we planned on cruising in July 01. We of course borrowed "02. Took cruise on '01. "02 went to South Carolina and also bought more OKW and another contract at BCV - yes, we banked these points and had already planned (when we went in 01) to cruise the west. itineray in '03. We did not want to borrow again and skip WDW again and we also wanted to desperately stay for the first time at one of our home resorts. So now, three years later, after our second cruise (leaving the 4th for our July 5th) we are finally going to stay at OKW. I am not sure which one I am more excited about. Since I did not want to borrow again, we paid cash for part of this and have banked 42 points for next year. Are you sorry you asked.

We bought at HHI in March 2001 went on a DVC cruise in November of that year thereby using 2 years worth of points. So we have not gone "home" at all yet, but will going to both OKW and HHI this summer. Can't wait!

We bought in April and will be going home for the first time in October. I can't wait! This will be our 3rd trip to Disney this year :p (other two were pre-DVC) Then I get to go again in January with my mom and DD. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world:Pinkbounc

Well, we might have the record for the SHORTEST time period! We haven't even closed yet (hope to within the next three weeks) and we're planning to make a trip as soon as we can get availability in September! I can't wait to stay at OKW - must be the parrot head in me! I'm also a serious number-cruncher, and I created spreadsheets like crazy showing the benefits. We thought it over for two years and just took the plunge this month.

Maybe we'll see some of you there. :wave: I'll be the one with the really silly happy grin on my face.:teeth:

Oh, I know I'm not the longest, Bexx. A lot of people use their first points to cruise, or go somewhere else. I'm possibly an outlyer in terms of getting points and not using them for anything - but even then I'm sure there are people who have waited to use their points even longer. Congrats on the baby.

We bought in Feb and will be going HOME for our first time in March/April 2004.
That wait won't be the one killing me....it will be our next trip which we can't take until 2007! We only have 185 pts, forcing us to do the 300% option.
At first I thought, "185 points is more than enough because I don't want to go down too often as I may get bored." However, the more I think about going home, the more I realize that 3 years is a very long time duration between "BIG" vacations!

I hear an add-on walking down the street...

we bought in Feb and sold bck our points because we went last Oct & Jan 2003. We figured we would never want to go again this year. Wel airfares fell and I thought why not. I was looking into a trip to Wisconsin Dells, A resortish town(kind of tacky), and that was $1500 for just 4 days at the hotels. I went to the Midwest Airlines site and found that airfare for my family of four would be $550 total. I boked a surprise rip for my family Aug 28-Sept 1. I will tell them when the limo picks us up that morning. I had to borrow from next years points but it will be worht it to see the lok on their faces.

Only 57 more days:jester:

...because my DH won't/can't decide when we should go home for the first time in 2004.

We just purchased in May, after seeing the Lion King on Broadway in March, and right before our 3-night cruise on the Wonder. So he's kinda Disney-ed out. Just kinda shrugs-off any talk about next year.

I can't stand the anticipation, especially since our 2004 DVC options are mini-vacations for Memorial Day or July 4th. (We're already commited to other plans later in the year.) If we want Memorial Day, I have to book TOMORROW.

And here's another kink: our 2004 trip will be on banked 2003 points so we've GOT to use them. I don't feel ready/prepared to rent them away so early in our ownership.

ARGHH! Please, Jeff, gimme a sign. :jester: :p

Originally posted by Disney1fan2002

Anyone else patiently ( yeah right, LOL) waiting for their 1st trip home?

I don't know how patient I am but I am waiting for our first trip home. We bought last month while down at WDW and used MB, so gave up our first years points. We don't get new points until next April. We had already planned a family cruise for next June (2004) on Royal Caribbean, so won't be able to do a DVC trip next Summer. It's looking like the earliest we can get back down is Christmas 2004. I really hate to wait that long for our first trip home, but I don't see any other way around it. Plus my wife has always wanted to go down to WDW at Christmas to see the decorations, so she thinks this would be a good time to go. Right now the plan is try to get a Studio at VWL checking in on December 26, 2004 and check out January 2, 2005. That will take 160 points, using up all of next years points and borrowing 10 from 2005. With VWL being our home resort and calling day-by-day at the 11th month date, I should be able to get this I hope. It seems like an awful long time away, but we really want to do the family cruise and I can't take more than a week of vacation next Summer. My wife works in the public schools and can't take off time any other time during the year except for Christmas. So that's our plans (right now).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter