Any other not to miss activities or events?

loveyloo2

Earning My Ears
Although we're excited to go to DLR, we are looking forward to exploring the LA area in the 2 weeks we'll be there. It's been about 7 years since I visited, so I don't really know what else is "not to be missed". Any thoughts or ideas are very welcomed!!

:laundy:

Although we're excited to go to DLR, we are looking forward to exploring the LA area in the 2 weeks we'll be there. It's been about 7 years since I visited, so I don't really know what else is "not to be missed". Any thoughts or ideas are very welcomed!!

:laundy:

You mean there's more to LA than Disneyland :confused3
I'm no help ...sorry. :) I only get down there for a week at a time so it's nothing but DL for us.
All that comes to mind for me are the beaches!!!

I'll look into it! I have small kids (2.75 & 4.75 years at the time of our visit) so I'll see if that is age appropriate.

:flower3:

I'll look into it! I have small kids (2.75 & 4.75 years at the time of our visit) so I'll see if that is age appropriate.

:flower3:

I can't remember the exact age, but when I looked up the tour, I think it was like 12 and up or something... unless I'm making that up or it's info for another tour. I just remember thinking that we won't be able to do a studio tour for quite awhile if that's the case! ;) (we only have one kid so far)

I haven't been to LA, but in my research, it seems like they might enjoy the La Brea Tar Pits if they're into animals and such... I would think they'd both be old enough. There's also the Knotts Berry Farms place (not really sure what that is) and LegoLand is somewhere around there, too, right?

We're doing LegoLand while we are there - my DS is more excited about that than DL. :lmao: we are also hitting the beach (even if it's chilly) and doing some shopping.

I live in So Cal and don't do much stuff, but here is a listing of some things:

Knott's Berry Farm - the have Camp Snoopy for the youngins and big rides for the big kids

Seaworld - about 1½ hours south of Disneyland

Legoland - about 1 hour or so south of Disneyland

Aquarium of the Pacific - north of Disneyland in Long Beach

The Queen Mary - north of Disneyland in Long Beach - although I haven't toured it, I don't know if the kids would enjoy this, but you might.

The California Science Center - in Los Angeles

The Discovery Science Center - in Santa Ana, a few miles south of Disneyland (a lot closer than TCSC)

Universal Studios - Hollywood - I haven't been in YEARS - I was pregnant with DD13 when I went, but not sure if there is anything fun for the kids

Santa Monica Pier
Balboa Fun Zone - Newport Beach

The Getty Museum - Los Angeles

LACMA - Los Angeles Museum of Art - Los Angeles

I googled "places to see in Los Angeles" and found some of these on the list as well. Hopefully you can find something to do when you are done with Disneyland.

Have fun!

Candace

I'll research some of these places! The aquarium sounds like just the ticket!!

We're going down to San Diego to see the zoo and Sea World as part of our trip about 4 days after going to DL..

:surfweb:

What about the La Brea Tar Pits-- we wanted to do that on our last trip but it didn't work out. We also looked into the Natural History Museum and saw that it has a fabulous dinosaur exhibit. Unfortunately, it was closed for cleaning last fall. Isn't there a famous Chinese Theater in LA too? You could look into that.:)

If you want to, there's the El Capitan Theater (which apparently has something special depending on the movie that they're showing) and the Disney Soda Shoppe which are across the street from Grauman's Chinese Theatre (which might be fun for you to see, but I'm not sure about your kids, but they'll like the Soda Shoppe). They also might enjoy The Grove (they have an American Girl store).

Oh, I forgot about the El Capitan Theater, it looks like the Hannah Montana movie is showing until March 2, but I don't think your kids would enjoy that.

The Soda Shoppe is something new and sounds like something we need to do. I love the old fashioned soda fountains.

Candace

The Warner Bros VIP tour. I LOVE it.

I was looking at this the other day, with a few extra days on our hands was wondering if this was worth the money, I think it's like $55 per person. What exactly do you get with the tour?

I was looking at this the other day, with a few extra days on our hands was wondering if this was worth the money, I think it's like $55 per person. What exactly do you get with the tour?

They take you on a tour of the outdoor sets (ex. the town of Stars Hallow) as well as one or two indoor sets (if you have a favorite show that's filmed there be sure to speak up at the beginning because if the tour guides know, they will try to incorporate it into the tour, my mom is a huge Gilmore Girls fan, so the last time we did it they walked us around part of the indoor set for Yale which was really neat) and the museum (a must see for Harry Potter fans since the second floor of the two story building is devoted to Harry Potter and they have the actual sorting hat that will sort you). My mom and I have been on the tour a few times (to feed my mom's addiction to GG ;)) and have loved it every time. Each tour is slightly different and they do try to tailor it to the tour-goers' interests (on another tour we got to see the costume closet because my aunt mentioned that she has worked as a costume seamstress before) which makes it better than the Universal Studios tour, plus it's less theme park and more real studio. If you want to see a real Hollywood tv/movie studio, I recommend taking this tour.:thumbsup2

They take you on a tour of the outdoor sets (ex. the town of Stars Hallow) as well as one or two indoor sets (if you have a favorite show that's filmed there be sure to speak up at the beginning because if the tour guides know, they will try to incorporate it into the tour, my mom is a huge Gilmore Girls fan, so the last time we did it they walked us around part of the indoor set for Yale which was really neat) and the museum (a must see for Harry Potter fans since the second floor of the two story building is devoted to Harry Potter and they have the actual sorting hat that will sort you). My mom and I have been on the tour a few times (to feed my mom's addiction to GG ;)) and have loved it every time. Each tour is slightly different and they do try to tailor it to the tour-goers' interests (on another tour we got to see the costume closet because my aunt mentioned that she has worked as a costume seamstress before) which makes it better than the Universal Studios tour, plus it's less theme park and more real studio. If you want to see a real Hollywood tv/movie studio, I recommend taking this tour.:thumbsup2

Man, that sounds like soooo much fun! It stinks that young kids can't come along. :( We'll have to travel out to CA sometime again with a babysitter so we can take the tour. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter