DIS Veteran
Hi,

I can anyone help I am so confused with banking

Here is the situation
I have a December use year
At the time making my reservation I had 204 points banked from 2006
and in December 2007 I am allocated my contracted amount of 225 points
To give a total of 429 points.

I started booking BCV at the 7 month window day by day and in total booked 10 nights costing 162 points.

I then booked VWL at the 7 month window day by day and booked a further 8 nights costing 146 points.

This cost me a total of 308 points and this left me with 121 points from 2007 use year that are available to bank.

I had to cancel the last day of the stay at BCV resulting in a refund of 13 points. I made the cancellation 7 weeks before arrival.

Now I presumed that the 13 points (that would have been from the last few of my banked points) would be reallocated to 'pay' for part of VWL reservation and then the 13 points that were refunded would be part of my current use year and therefore be able to bank. I have just logged into mydvc site and it shows that 134 points are available to use but only 121 are available to bank.

Can I call and ask for 13 points that I have used for my VWL reservation that are from 2007 use year to be freed up to allow the 13 points that are left from the 2006 use year to be used up and then bank the 13 from the 2007 use year along with the remaining 121.

If this is possible is the latest I can do this 30 days before check in??? (as I am currently 33 days from checking in)

I hope this makes sense my brain is frazzelled with banking and use years

Thanks for the help

Andrea x

Wow!!

I have no idea. I suggest that the best thing to do would be to call Member Services and ask them. If they say no, then call back again and see if you get a different answer from someone else.

Let us know how you get on in case anyone else has this problem in the future.

I will call them as soon as they open at 9am Florida time is that 2pm or 3pm our time?

On the DVC board I asked the same question and one opinion was I would have to cancel a day of my reservation that is using the current use years points and rebook using the banked points but I am worried that there may be a risk attatched and for the couple of seconds between cancellation and rebooking a single day it could be booked by another CM.

I read earlier on another thread someone else who had the same concern about cancelling one reservation before making another. The advise given was that if you explain to Member Services what you want to do, they will actually keep a hold on the existing reservation whilst they book the replacement.

Hope this helps.

Hello all,

Just thought I would let you know how I got on today.

I decided to give Member Services a call to see if they could reallocate the 13points without risking losing part of my reservation.

Well I called just after opening and luckily spoke to a very helpful CM who I explained the situation to and she had no probem reallocating the points so the refund came from current use year points not banked ones. It took her about 5 seconds and then she confirmed the total remaining points and the use year and then kindly banked them all for me. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks for taking the time to reply! :grouphug:

Glad to hear you got it sorted out
enjoy your trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter