Any North Texans know if the Character Warehouse store is still open...

Dagny

DIS Veteran
at Grapevine Mills Mall? I just checked their website and I don't see it listed?

Drive by every day twice a day and never go in.
I heard it was a lot of dated Disneyland stuff when my friend went. I am holding out for a trip I have scheduled to Branson and San Marcos which both have the regular Disney outlets.
Hope someone knows your answer. Good Luck!

The last time I was there, which was about 3 weeks ago, I dont remember seeing it.. But when I was there the last time before which was about 2 months before, I saw it.. Maybe you can get the phone# to directory assistance for the mall and speak with someone there..

I thought they were only there until Feb or March. You could call the mall office and find out for sure. It was a temporary store not a permanent one. I wish we could get a real catalog outlet close by.

It's definitely gone. It left early in the year. Let's hope they come back. Most of my family's play clothes were purchased there.

The only other Disney outlet in Texas that I have heard of is in San Marcos, and I think it is a Disney Store outlet (I have never been). The Warner Brother's outlet at Grapevine Mills closed as well as the Warner Brother's store in Northpark in Dallas. I think they closed all across the country.

I've been to the one in San Marcos many, many times. It's a hit or miss venture.

The adult clothing selections are limited to mostly extra small or XXL+ sizes.

There are usually a lot of bed and bath items, seasonal items (Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day) and occasionally there are BIG discounts on discontinued watches. My DH and I bought two sets of Steamboat Willie matching watches for $50/set, originally priced at $250 a couple of years ago. My DH collects Mickey watches, so he calls the Catalog Outlet every now and then to inquire.

Sometimes they have "returned" items from the catalog that have been personalized, and unless your kid's name just happens to be Guinevere or Poindexter, those items are useless.

I have, however, bought great kids' clothing there that I have never seen in the catalogs or in the parks, so sometimes it is really worth the trip. Two years ago we did all our Christmas shopping for toys and clothing there during the summer and got great bargains on good stuff.

We go about twice a year (in-laws live in San Antonio, about 35-40 minutes from San Marcos) for a Disney discount fix. We used to get postcards from the store to let us know when special sales were going on, but it has been over a year since we last received one and before The Disney Club cards were available, there was a Catalog Outlet Discount club card that gave us 10% off sale prices.

Hey, thanks for the info. I'd also like to know if there's an outlet in any other parts of the country. We love San Antonio and
eloped there. When we visit next we'll have to go to San Marcos.

We used to live in St. Paul, MN and frequented the Mall of America who had the busiest Warner. Bros. store. I got fantastic deals when that went out of business thanks to the AOL merger. Months later, though, I saw a Warner Bros. store still open in the Orlando airport, and their clearance sales had not begun. That's the way to build a fan base - close the stores and don't offer the merchandise online. What they do offer is nothing compared to the store.

Where is the Grapevine Mills Mall? I know it's too far for me to drive, but DS goes to school in Denton, and I might be able to talk him in to making a trip there to get his best, best mommy something! Thanks.

It is probably half an hour to 45 minutes South East of Denton. Just north of DFW Airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter