Any news from Hilton Head

Certifiable WDW Nut

Mouseketeer
Was wondering if anyone has any news about how the east coast storm is affecting Hilton Head and the resort? We are due to arrive two weeks from today. Thanks.

The Weather Channel showed flooding all along the coast as well as inland in S.C. There was no specific mention of HH. The flooding is very bad due to very high rainfall amounts as well as high winds with very high tides.

I'm in Hilton Head right now- though not staying at the Disney resort. Things are certainly wet here, but not flooded. We drove in last night( 10/3) during some pretty significant rain. Water was ponding on the road into the island in some construction areas. Cloudy today, but not much more than a mist of rain at any time. Walked down to the beach at high tide, ocean was pretty rough. Drove over close to the Disney resort today- lots of branches down around Shelter Cove area, but I think HHI was lucky to be south of most of the flooding.

Thanks for the report gracelrm. The annual dues increase is directly proportional to any damage etc to property, so this is good news for HH Onwers. However, SC overall seems to be a in dire needs of help. Hopefully the flooding situation in the state causes minimal damage.

Live here in hhi about 3 miles from the resort. It missed us. Columbia SC and the coast from charleston to myrtle Beach got it pretty bad. Some inland areas too but the only place close to here with somewhat damage was parts of Beaufort (about 20 minutes away). We got a terrible rain storm for about and hour and a half Thursday afternoon which still is causing puddles and standing water around parts of the island but Friday and Saturday was not much of anything.

We were packed up and ready to leave town as we live between the marsh and the sound but the tides (although high) were nothing we havnt expierence before and did not cause any flooding.

Your only concern would be if you drive through SC keep on eye on the road reports. Roads are closed all over Columbia and charleston and we have an employee stuck in Florence (coming back from Raleigh NC) that couldn't get any closer. That's about 4 hours away
. So the state of SC certainly has some issues but not hilton head.

There's a picture of the DVCHHI facebook page of the water covering the bottom of the fishing pier and a report of the water coming up to the dunes at the beach. From the reports it sounds like they got a lot of rain but not a ton of flooding.

DD went back to HH today from Charlotte. 77 to 26 to 95 down to exit 8 were all OK- for those traveling in the next few days.

HOPING for the best for all living in HHI and vacationing over the next week.:wizard: Good thoughts continue for N.C. and S.C.:goodvibes

HOPING for the best on the dams in the Carolinas. Horrible news for all in the low country. Sending GOOD THOUGHTS for restoration of power and water.:goodvibes SO MUCH DEVASTATION, very sad.:sad1:

We stayed at the HH DVC during the storm last weekend and all was fine there. We went to the beach house on Sunday 10/4 and all was ok -- we spent some time talking with Mike from Recreation and he said that although parts of SC were hit really bad, HHI was a bit more protected from this storm.

Incidentally, for those driving, Route 95 is closed both directions in SC between exits 119 (I think) and 86. We were detoured to 77 and 20.

image.jpeg Let's see if I figured out the photo upload -- this should be a shot from the beach in front of the beach house last Sunday

That is correct if you are drivinh 95 north or south you have to take the 26 exit to 77 then take the exit on to 20 and ride it back to 95. It is about 168 miles of detour. Don't even think about trying 17 or 17A. Those roads are out of commission in several counties. I95 will be closed at least until November 1st but I am not optimistic it will be open then either.
If going south you reverse it. 95 to 20 to 77 to 26 to 95

That is correct if you are drivinh 95 north or south you have to take the 26 exit to 77 then take the exit on to 20 and ride it back to 95. It is about 168 miles of detour. Don't even think about trying 17 or 17A. Those roads are out of commission in several counties. I95 will be closed at least until November 1st but I am not optimistic it will be open then either.
If going south you reverse it. 95 to 20 to 77 to 26 to 95

Travelling down on October 30th. Thank you for the update. Guess I'm taking the detour!

Great news... Thanks all for the updates..

Hope everyone is safe and unharmed.....Prayers too all involved...:genie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!