Any less obvious "can't misses" for Cars fans?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by chaunacey, Apr 3, 2013.

1. buttahflyzslk02

buttahflyzslk02 Earning My Ears

Thanks for this info :) we are staying on site so I will check into this.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disney Dreams

Disney Dreams Proudly afflicted with TDMA!

I know of a few more:

* When in the queue for Luigi's Flying Tires, in the second room there are bulletin boards with all sorts of stuff on them. Amongst the various things are Luigi's pit passes for the races at the World Grand Prix.

* There's a Finn McMissile autographed photo inside Luigi's Casa Della Tires.

* Lightning McQueen decked out for the World Grand Prix.

- Dreams

4. Dramamama

Dramamama Mouseketeer

Look in the windows of the "lobby" of the Cozy Cone Motel. There is a visual reference to a scene in Toy Story 2 that involves street cones.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

5. Eeee-va

Eeee-va Happiest robot on Earth

Mater was in the parade on a Saturday in March, but I don't remember Lightning being there. So either they've brought one of them back for the end, or else I saw it on a weird day! :)

6. crystal1313

crystal1313 DIS Veteran

I second the Cars Land CD! It's awesome!! And I too wish they had sold the Xmas version too. Maybe this year!

And I also agree with Sarges! My boys quickly figured out it was filled with all of the stuff they LOVE and we could never go past without walking in! They do have some cheaper souvenirs (for Disney) like a RSR flag, and the small die cast. We got them a flag and a die cast of the RSR ride vehicle. They love them!

7. ValpoCory

ValpoCory DIS Veteran

Although I wish they would have put the Mater 90 second versions of songs 2 and 3 on there, since those versions do play during Mater's Junkyard Jamboree rides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52qUqtroFEY

8. chaunacey

chaunacey Earning My Ears

Thanks for all your suggestions in this thread. I think we were able to experience most of them. We did miss that great Radiator Springs mural though. We might also have missed out on riding RSR at night b/c we couldn't time our FP times return times right, but as I posted in another thread, RSR broke down while we were on it on our last day and our "breakdown" passes allowed us to walk straight on the ride through the exit late that night. We ordered cocktails from Cozy Cone in preparation for a long wait and ended up having to chuck them in the trash bin nearly full. The kids felt like total VIPs in their pajamas. It was an experience they will not forget.

We feel like we are still on vacation b/c of the Carsland CD on constant rotation. This was our favorite souvenir for sure.