• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Last Minute Tips?

kurt90

Disney addict since 1990!
Wow! I can't believe it's already here! My family and I will be leaving early tomorrow morning for LAX and will then be driving to DLR!!! I think I've covered just about everything for the trip, but are there any last minute tips you guys can give me before I leave?

How's the weather? Crowds? Anything you think will help us enjoy our trip even more will be greatly appreciated!

Everyone has been so helpful with all my questions, and I can't thank you enough! :thanks:

Can't overemphasize the need for SUNSCREEN!!! Apply liberally each morning before getting dressed (esp. back of the neck & ears), and reapply during the day (especially after getting wet or sweating a lot). Nothing ruins a vacation faster than sunburns. The weather is warm, so don't forget swim suits for the kids (don't know if you have any or their ages) so they can get wet in the water areas of DCA. We went to both parks yesterday, and the crowds were not bad at all for summer crowds. A bit of a wait for some rides (10-20 minutes), but that's to be expected.

Just relax and enjoy!!!

My tip is to make sure you know how to drive from LAX! I copied the following info from another post here - sorry I didn't capture who originally posted it to give credit. My modification is to note that you don't really take the 105 East carpool lane all the way to the end or you go past 605 and have to turn around. It's OK to take the 105 carpool lane, but you must get out of it before the 605 fwy exit. I'd love it if someone local could tell when (like an exit name) to get out of the carpool lane to make sure you have time to catch the 605 exit. Anyone?

Here's the instructions:
Get on the 105 fwy going east. Get in the carpool lane, and take this freeway all the way to the end. Take the 605 fwy south & stay in the right lane. About 2 miles down you'll hit the 91 fwy east. Get in the carpool lane and stay there until you get to the 5 fwy south. Use the carpool lane to get on the 5 south. Stay in the carpool lane until you see Euclid, and then edge over. Go past the Disneyland Drive exit. The next exit is Harbor. Turn right on Harbor. Disneyland will be on your right & you'll see the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Monorail track... The Harbor hotels will be on your left, but are blocked by an island. Go past many hotels until you get to a left turn lane that will let you make a U-turn. Make the U-turn, and then go into your hotel parking lot. Continue straight to the Candy Cane Inn on your right. Cross Katella and you will get to the other Harbor Street hotels (Embassy Suites, Marriott Suites, BW Raffles, Doubletree Guest Suites, etc.) Turn right on Katella to get to the Marriott, Hilton, Anabella, Stovalls, etc.

We'll see you there !!! DNeph and I are heading up from Carlsbad tomorrow morning to DLH (free internet at the hotel, so of course I'm checking in on the DIS one last time !!) We've been in S. CA. for the last week and yes on the sunscreen - got a little burned at the pool today (and we live at the beach in NJ- we are already tan). We've had a great time at all of the 'other' S. CA parks - crowds have been a bit heavy, but very doable (thanks to all the great tips from DISers!! :thumbsup2 ) - met lots of CA locals who have their kids out to play for the last week before school - seems most start back on Monday - we can't wait to get to DL/CA !!! :smooth:
. . . and WOW ! I thought we had traffic on the East Coast - but 6 lanes of traffic can be a bit intimidating (especially when you don't know where you are ;) )!!

Wow, thanks for the tips everyone! I'm just going to do some last minute packing and then I'm going to bed, seeing as we have to leave the house by 7am.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter