Any Issues with buying Premier AP at DL

Disney127

DIS Veteran
We are planning on purchasing a Premier AP when we are in DL in December and then using it for our March trip to WDW. I have read about some issues with the Premier pass not linked between DL and WDW's systems. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this? I wanted to make sure that our APs are linked in MDE before we get to WDW and that we can get our FP+ once our window opens. Thanks!

I bought one from DL and when I tried to add it to WDW's MDE, it wasn't recognizing it. I called Disney and they had to send a ticket to tech support to fix it. I got an email from them the next day saying they fixed it and linked to MDE. I was able to get our FP+ after that.

I bought one from DL and when I tried to add it to WDW's MDE, it wasn't recognizing it. I called Disney and they had to send a ticket to tech support to fix it. I got an email from them the next day saying they fixed it and linked to MDE. I was able to get our FP+ after that.

Thanks for the information - it is very helpful. :-) I am hoping to link our passes to WDW's MDE in Dec once we purchase them so hopefully, they can fix whatever that needs to be done before our FP+ window opens. Thanks again!

Thanks for the information - it is very helpful. :-) I am hoping to link our passes to WDW's MDE in Dec once we purchase them so hopefully, they can fix whatever that needs to be done before our FP+ window opens. Thanks again!

You do realize they increased the price of the Premier Pass considerable this past sunday? You might want to redo your math to see if its longer feasible with your travel plans.

The new price is now at $1439 a 43% increase!!

I purchased a Premier Pass a few months ago because we are going to be at WDW in November for the Food & Wine marathon.
I'm relieved I did it then and did not wait, because prices just jumped!! We don't go to WDW every year so we only needed it for this 12 month period.

I was able to link my Disneyland and WDW online without any issues. MDE works fine, it added our resort information, plus dining reservations. Booking FP was a breeze. Also has Memory Maker linked. You shouldn't have a problem. If you do, they'll fix it.

I agree with above poster about making sure the Premier is worth it anymore. It was a significant increase. Might make more sense to buy park tickets there. Don't forget the AP discounts though, that could make the difference for you.

:-)
You do realize they increased the price of the Premier Pass considerable this past sunday? You might want to redo your math to see if its longer feasible with your travel plans.

Yes, I do realize that the price has increased. I am not happy with it but after some number crunching, the Premier AP still works out for us. :-)

I purchased a Premier Pass a few months ago because we are going to be at WDW in November for the Food & Wine marathon.
I'm relieved I did it then and did not wait, because prices just jumped!! We don't go to WDW every year so we only needed it for this 12 month period.

I was able to link my Disneyland and WDW online without any issues. MDE works fine, it added our resort information, plus dining reservations. Booking FP was a breeze. Also has Memory Maker linked. You shouldn't have a problem. If you do, they'll fix it.

I agree with above poster about making sure the Premier is worth it anymore. It was a significant increase. Might make more sense to buy park tickets there. Don't forget the AP discounts though, that could make the difference for you.

Thanks for the info. Since we will be at DL over Christmas and New year's plus spending 12 days at WDW and buying Photopass + & Memory Maker, the Premier pass would be a better fit for us. We might also add in another trip to DL before our pass expires.

We purchased our Premier Pass in April 2015 at Disneyland for our June 2015 trip to WDW - had no problems with the purchase or with linking it to our MDE. All the information also went to our Magic Bands. We had no problems with any of it for our whole trip. I started out skeptical, and ended up very impressed.

We purchased our Premier Pass in April 2015 at Disneyland for our June 2015 trip to WDW - had no problems with the purchase or with linking it to our MDE. All the information also went to our Magic Bands. We had no problems with any of it for our whole trip. I started out skeptical, and ended up very impressed.

That is good to know, thanks. I have read a few things about some of the linking issues.

I bought my first premier pass at dl in 2014 and linked it to mde with no problems. Bought the 2nd one last January and it wouldn't link up. Talked to tech support and they fixed it...checked the next day, it wasn't fixed. Called again, was transferred around, spoke to someone for over 1/2 hour & they said it would link up in 4-6 weeks, past my fp+ window. I checked mde the next week and everything was linked, before the fp window opened. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, just stay on it & give yourself the time.

I bought my first premier pass at dl in 2014 and linked it to mde with no problems. Bought the 2nd one last January and it wouldn't link up. Talked to tech support and they fixed it...checked the next day, it wasn't fixed. Called again, was transferred around, spoke to someone for over 1/2 hour & they said it would link up in 4-6 weeks, past my fp+ window. I checked mde the next week and everything was linked, before the fp window opened. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, just stay on it & give yourself the time.

Thanks for this information. Guess it depends on the luck of the draw! LOL

Can you show your math please? I have it at a 31% increase. 1439/1099 = 1.3093. 1099*1.31=1439.69. A 43% increase would be 1099*1.43=$1571.57, a difference of $132 more.

Can you show your math please? I have it at a 31% increase. 1439/1099 = 1.3093. 1099*1.31=1439.69. A 43% increase would be 1099*1.43=$1571.57, a difference of $132 more.

My Bad I thought the price was $1029 not $1099. You are correct. i just did it based on 1000 vs 1439

This was my exact experience. Bought at DL and something didnt link right. Called WDW that night and they sent the support ticket in. She said it could take a few weeks but it was fixed a day or two later. They said it happens all the time. The WDW will see there is a pass on your account but wont recognize it properly.

Same thing happened to us, I do not think it matters what park you buy it at, tech fixed it. Once your at WDW they will line it up with a magic band, but you could have problems on the website making reservations in advance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter