Any Introverts going to WDW solo?

But, as with most introverts, we are great socially when we need to be. In fact, I cannot tell you how many people say to me, "You are an introvert??? Wow, you don't seem like it." They do not see me later, exhausted, after the social event, when I need a few days to recharge.

Too true!

When we go to a social event, of any kind, where I have to talk to people, I feel exhausted by the end of the event, and often during the event. DW doesn't understand that I find interacting with people to be extremely difficult and it takes a lot of effort and energy on my part to get through the event.

Last week I booked a trip to WDW solo! This was not an easy task for a massive introvert like me. My partner went with me to the MK and EPCOT, back in 2011 for my birthday, and then the year after that I had to be in Los Angeles for work and since he manages my career, he went with me. To my surprise, he included a one day trip to Disneyland while there! But, that was IT for him and the Disney parks. So, after moving to Atlanta in 2013 and being at spitting distance from Disney once again (I used to live in Tampa then moved to Vermont), I started getting the itch to go back to Disney, a place I have loved since first being there when I was 12, in 1980. Now I can just drive there. But there was NO way of getting him to budge. In fact, I think he'd rather have a limb amputated than go back to DW. I decided life is too short to let years go by with no Disney World, so I decided to go alone. Needless to say, when I posted on my FB page I was going solo, friends and family came out of the woodwork to join me. But by then I realized I was now really into going alone and told everyone no. I have been to the parks over 20 times since I was 12, but never alone.

Once I made this decision to go alone, I began to discover a lot about myself...thanks to Disney. I wonder how many introverts are out there who dread going to DW alone, but really want to go. For that reason, and to encourage introverts of all kinds to take the plunge, I started a blog devoted to a solo Disney trip, documenting my daily adventures from making the decision to booking to traveling and to doing this alone. If you are an introvert who is considering gong solo but are afraid to, check my blog out. I hope it can help you make the jump and go. There are many ways us introverts can handle a solo trip to Disney World in the most fantastic way that only another introvert can understand!
I'll check out the blog- thanks. I was just on the fence about this, too. Just returned on Wednesday from a wonderful trip with my partner and son. We all loved it, but neither of them want to go back as soon or often as I do- they want to try other destinations, which I understand & will plan for. I share custody of my son, which would actually make it easy for me to do a solo weekend getaway while my son is with his father. I was thinking of doing Dapper Day, as I like to dress up, and being part of an event might make me feel less awkward. Or I might try a holiday party- doing one never meshed with my son's school schedule, but I've always been curious.

I am so glad to have found this particular forum and Alfredo68's blog. I am going to Disney, for the first time since about January 2000. Will be there to celebrate my 50th birthday in late October. I celebrated my 30th birthday there with my ex-partner back in 1996.

For this trip, I will be there about a day and a half by myself, before I have 4 friends joining me.

I was really nervous about booking part of the trip for myself. But after reading many posts in this forum and on these Boards, as well as Alfredo68's blog, I don't feel out of place going solo on the trip. I have taken a 2 week trip to Australia by myself before, so I don't have a problem with the actual travel part.

Where I mainly have issues is dining alone. But since this is to celebrate my birthday, I have thrown caution to the wind and booked dinner at Le Cellier when I arrive.

As the excitement is building, I have even started contemplating coming back next year or even possibly going to Disneyland. At least now I have found some great resources and other introverts for support!!!

I am so glad to have found this particular forum and Alfredo68's blog. I am going to Disney, for the first time since about January 2000. Will be there to celebrate my 50th birthday in late October. I celebrated my 30th birthday there with my ex-partner back in 1996.

For this trip, I will be there about a day and a half by myself, before I have 4 friends joining me.

I was really nervous about booking part of the trip for myself. But after reading many posts in this forum and on these Boards, as well as Alfredo68's blog, I don't feel out of place going solo on the trip. I have taken a 2 week trip to Australia by myself before, so I don't have a problem with the actual travel part.

Where I mainly have issues is dining alone. But since this is to celebrate my birthday, I have thrown caution to the wind and booked dinner at Le Cellier when I arrive.

As the excitement is building, I have even started contemplating coming back next year or even possibly going to Disneyland. At least now I have found some great resources and other introverts for support!!!
I am so happy that I have helped in some way. It is a daunting experience to decide to do Disney World solo, but as you adjust to the prospect it gets more and more exciting. I will be there late October as well, for a week, so plenty of dining solo. I think, since this is Disney and everyone is pretty much involved in their own fun, no one really cares. Plus, being alone allows to to engage in fascinating conversations with Cast Members, take in the park the way you want to and do pretty much whatever you want, when you want. Want to spend an hour looking for special merchandise in the shops, no one will complain (and WDW celebrates 45 years this fall, so look for really great anniversary merch releasing October 1!). Want to ride Space Mountain 10 times, no problem (except the wait lines, of course). And congrats for booking your birthday dinner!!! If you let Disney know it is your birthday, they'll make sure you have a really happy one. I am a bit jealous that your birthday is in the Fall. Mine is early March, in the midst of Spring Break. I celebrated my birthday at Disney once and when I experienced the Spring Break crowds, I decided that was the last time I would do that. So I guess you could say I'll celebrate my un-birthday in October! But maybe I will celebrate my 50th at WDW and I guess my partner who loves me a lot, will break down and go! (after all, I went up to NYC in a January for his 50th, blizzard and all!)
:tigger:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter