Any important advice for a first time cruiser???

kritter

<font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon
Going on our first cruise in Oct.. and was wondering if anyone has any speical advice for us..

Our dis meet group has been wonderful but any want to give me any thing else?? thanks....

Enjoy every minute.....don't try to do everything (you will need a vacation after your cruise). I'm sure you know it all with the amout of posts you have LOL. Take care.

Don't forget to leave room for the midnight (well actually I think its 11-12) desert buffett down by the nightclubs as I always forget about this and I'm then too full to eat.

Order room service at least once (its included) and for day trips order sandwiches and take them with you

My advice would be to read all you can beforehand, the FAQ sticky at the top is wondeful! Aside from that, relax, enjoy every moment onboard, as it all goes too quickly. Don't try to to too much, no one can. You can rebook onboard for a discount, and a possible room credit, and then look forward to cruising again....

Enjoy it all, it is all the best fun, and passes entirely too quickly.IMHO :goodvibes

The thing I suggest is to not try to fit everything in on your first cruise. There is no way that you can and that will just lead to dissapointment and frazzled nerves. Relax. Choose a few things. Go with the flow. :)

Thanks,

trying to plan it all out...and I realy need to relax...

anything you think I must know?????

Take a highlighter with you, to mark the things you and your family want to do.

Have fun xx

Or if you're like us different colours for each person so we all know what we're doing

I am getting ready for my third. Several things that I feel are a "not to miss" catagory:

Pirate Night. Especially if you have kids.
Golden Mickeys. Ditto on the kids

One thing we have not done yet is room service and from reading all of the posts, we have been missing out!

Have a great cruise.

seadooken said:
I am getting ready for my third. Several things that I feel are a "not to miss" catagory:

Pirate Night. Especially if you have kids.
Golden Mickeys. Ditto on the kids

One thing we have not done yet is room service and from reading all of the posts, we have been missing out!

Have a great cruise.

tell me what Golden Mickeys is????

The Golden Mickeys is a live stage show in the Walt Disney theater, kind of like an awards show.

I loved my refillable insulated mug/lid (brought my Blizzard Beach one from home) for my Diet Coke addiction! I could fill it up on deck 9 and carry it around with me. Those paper cups were far too small!

Wish I had stayed on the ship in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Sooooo much to do/see on board.

3 cruiser here.

3 day
4 day
and WOW we LOVE THE MAGIC..... 7 day

1st question: kids? yes/no.. and ages

2nd question: You? couple, single.. age?

3rd question: which cruise --- it makes a difference

4) what do u like? like.. what vacations have u done before.. do you like to explore.. do the beach.. what

5) which cruise date (matters on 7 day... we did Western .. each itenerary.. (spelling) is different

We can tell you LOTS... but need to know what's important

put it this way.. we cruised 7 day 2 months ago.. and i swear i've spent more time since creating the 1 hour slide show w/ music.... so.... there is a lot to do. :artist:

dixieslanding said:
3 cruiser here.

3 day
4 day
and WOW we LOVE THE MAGIC..... 7 day

1st question: kids? yes/no.. and ages

2nd question: You? couple, single.. age?

3rd question: which cruise --- it makes a difference

4) what do u like? like.. what vacations have u done before.. do you like to explore.. do the beach.. what

5) which cruise date (matters on 7 day... we did Western .. each itenerary.. (spelling) is different

We can tell you LOTS... but need to know what's important

put it this way.. we cruised 7 day 2 months ago.. and i swear i've spent more time since creating the 1 hour slide show w/ music.... so.... there is a lot to do. :artist:

7 day-magic Halloween cruise

Kids twins who are four and a half

married

We love the beach and travel several times during the year we love to travel and the more the better..love the caribbean

we are doing st,marteen, st.thomas, cc...we have been to st. thomas two times before...we have a friend who lives there and she will be taking care of us..while we are there..taking us to our favorite resort there to use the beach etc....

thanks so much for your help..!!!!!

you must be on-line now

we did western so your stops will be different

i take it you are 4.. yes? and kids 4 1/2??

our son was .. i think 6 on first trip... so i was panicking w/ your kids ages.. but.. they are perfect. They are too young for the lab (that's kind of the tween age) but the are in for the club......

When we travel we like to spend our time w/ our kids (i work, wife is stay at home .. so vacation is family time for me).. but.. this is only time kids ever said.. no.. i want to go play in club Dad.. AMAZING.

SO.. register your kids today for the club. THEY WILL LOVE IT!!! even the most timid kids.

At your kid's age they will become pirates w/ Captain Hook and meet wendy and do ALL sorts of things. And the counselers are AMAZING. you get a pager so you know you're always a moment away --- NO WORRIES....

On the 7 day you will have some days at sea... plan to let your kids play in the club.

more...

the shows.. the shows... the show!!! EVERYNIGHT!!!...

are you early or late seating for dinner?

PALO... PALO PALO.... find time for you as a couple to go to Palos.. WOW.. or more like.. "oh my God".. what great service.. food.

I can go on for days..

tell me some more..

4 1/2... Halloween cruise (that means you need to call Disney and ask what is special that is happening. also.. do some research as i'm sure theyve done in past.. i can send you some other web sites too).

sorry .. excited for you.

Yes the kids are registered for the club...

I am already in touch on our dis thread and actively planning our dis meet and dis trick and treat...

Have already meet some really great people..

Thanks for all of the tips here as well...

The kids already have their costumes picked out etc.....

We have been on 2 cruises and are about to go our third. Our DDs were 7 on the first and 11 on the second. Here are some things we learned:

1. Bring a case of bottled water with you in your luggage.
2. Bring a collapsible cooler in your luggage for day trips on excursions.
3. Pick 2 or 3 things that you really want to do and make sure you do those and then do other things as time permits.
4. If your children love the club, mine did, let them go to it and have a good time. My DW felt guilty about them spending so much time there, but they were having fun.
5. Definitely go to PALO one night.
6. Do not go to the meeting about customs and such. It will be rebroadcast on the TV.
7. Do not be afraid to ask your server if you want more than 1 thing on the menu. He or she will bring more than one appetizer or main course if you ask.
8. Make sure you bring a collapsible bag to put souvenirs in. My children got quite a few on the first cruise.

Relax and have lots of fun.

CaptainJack said:
We have been on 2 cruises and are about to go our third. Our DDs were 7 on the first and 11 on the second. Here are some things we learned:

1. Bring a case of bottled water with you in your luggage.
2. Bring a collapsible cooler in your luggage for day trips on excursions.
3. Pick 2 or 3 things that you really want to do and make sure you do those and then do other things as time permits.
4. If your children love the club, mine did, let them go to it and have a good time. My DW felt guilty about them spending so much time there, but they were having fun.
5. Definitely go to PALO one night.
6. Do not go to the meeting about customs and such. It will be rebroadcast on the TV.
7. Do not be afraid to ask your server if you want more than 1 thing on the menu. He or she will bring more than one appetizer or main course if you ask.
8. Make sure you bring a collapsible bag to put souvenirs in. My children got quite a few on the first cruise.

Relax and have lots of fun.

Thanks already have my cooler..is this a problem now with the new security measures and all????!!!!!!

Water was great.

There is too much to do.. so chose what makes sense

I hated it (kinda) but kids LOVED club... let them go... (p.s. you can sneak in and watch)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter