Any ideas on 8/08 east-bound repo?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by edmartin, Sep 6, 2007.

1. edmartin

edmartin Mouseketeer

The repo cruise from LA to FL is sold out for next August. Any ideas on any agency that might still have availability? I tried DU (obviously). No luck.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dahuffy

dahuffy Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

It completely sold out.within a matter of hours. You might try checking back the middle of May because that's when we have to have it paid off. Some of us won't be able to get it done....hopefully I won't be among them.

4. gismo1554

gismo1554 DIS Veteran

I was told to try next year and see. Also someone said that they had been checking the website every day and it just happened the one day a GTY12 came up so they got on about a month ago. I think you just need to keep trying and cross your fingers. I'm sure next year a lot of people are going to drop out and its going to be a case of luck!

5. edmartin

edmartin Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Are people just checking the DCL site to see if something pops up?

No such thing as a waiting list somehwere?

6. gismo1554

gismo1554 DIS Veteran

No I think because it is fully booked you can't go on a waitlist. I've been checking the site but nothing's come up as of yet. In May one room opened up while we were on board booking the Westbound Transatlantic for this year but we didn't book it as it was for the Westbound PC and this wasn't the one we wanted. I would think you need to just keep checking the website. Definately got more chance of them coming up when final payment rolls round which I think is 90 days before so for the Westbound (Port Canaveral to LA) would be Febuary (cruise leaves on the 10th May) or May for the Eastbound (LA to Port Canaveral) (cruise leaves on the 17th August).

7. bengals01

bengals01 DIS Veteran

when we were on the east transatlantic, they had several rooms for the west bound panama canal, got to book one for my daughter and husband, it was expensive, not sure if they will be able to afford it so probably will be cancelling

8. cinderella_mom

cinderella_mom Disneyland is my 2nd home...

I would expect that rooms will open up in May when $ is due. I booked on Day 1 and don't even have a room assignment.

Also, there is a waiting list if you are a DVC member.

9. outahere

outahere DIS Veteran

When we cruised this past April, we asked the onboard booking agent about a waiting list. She said that she had been told that there is a list, but it had been closed for quite some time.

10. m&m's mom

m&m's mom <font color=deeppink>Waiting for the waterless cru

I am already on but wanted to see if any other room categories are avaialble. I asked onboard yesterday and got a great big chuckle out of the rebooking lady. She said if you have a reservation - Don't give it up!!!
    I think I will stick w/ my lowly cat 10.:lmao: Better than not being on it.
    We have heard that it was overbooked by 30%. On our meet thread a good number have cancelled but no rooms have ever showed back up.
    That being said - a year is a long time away!

11. Andrew DEREK UK

Andrew DEREK UK DIS Veteran

All the above is correct, if history repeats itself, you might have a chance at the 90 day pay up mark.

I did the repo in 2005, and I am on for 2008. The 2005 one sold out in hours and was sold out for most of the time. At pay up time the odd room or two came up on-line at the DCL site, it was random, but I know and met cruisers who booked in those last months.

People do drop out, family needs, health needs, school issues, going back early, pay up issues. So look at 90 days, and keep looking to snag a bargain.

Wait-lists are closed but DCL doesn't always do things from the wait-list, they did release limited rooms in 2005.