Any ideas for a Disney song themed album?

mouseclick1

DIS Veteran
I have been thinking about how I want to scrap our February trip to WDW, and thought maybe a song themed album would be different. I have a few ideas, but not enough to create an entire scrapbook! Here's what I've come up with so far:

"Be Our Guest" - our dining photos from various restuarants
"Wish Upon a Star" :wizard: - Wishes fireworks
"Hakuna Matata" - lounging around the pool, swimming
I can also match up songs that go directly with rides, such as Pirates of the Caribbean pirate: , Peter Pan, Small World, etc...

Does anyone have suggestions that match a particular song with an activity or place at WDW?

"A Whole New World" - for some sort of overview page
"Never Had a Friend Like You" - for photos with fave characters, or you with SO or your children, etc
"Cinderellie" - for castle
"Bear/Bare Necessities" or "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" - for room photos
"Little Black Rain Cloud" - rainy day
"Rumbly in my Tumbly" - for snacks
"Trashin' the Camp" - talking trashcans

scrapcreator said:
You could put a CD of the songs in the album :cool1:

Jeanne

That's a great idea! I hadn't thought of that!

I thought of another one - The Mickey Mouse song for all of our Mickey photos.

I'm specifically trying to think of songs for the following-
Something to use for villians
Animal Kingdom Lodge
The Boardwalk
Something that might cover both the Haunted Mansion & Tower of Terror?

piratesmate said:
"A Whole New World" - for some sort of overview page
"Never Had a Friend Like You" - for photos with fave characters, or you with SO or your children, etc
"Cinderellie" - for castle
"Bear/Bare Necessities" or "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" - for room photos
"Little Black Rain Cloud" - rainy day
"Rumbly in my Tumbly" - for snacks
"Trashin' the Camp" - talking trashcans

Thanks, these are great! "Never had a friend like you" - Is that the Genie song from Aladdin?

One of our trips was a road trip to WDW and the cover page is the song from the goofy movie.

I love the other song ideas posted here too!!

Yes - "Never had a friend like you" is from Aladdin.

Villains - "Poor Unfortunate Souls" or "Cruella de Vil" (sp?) or the Oogie Boogie song from Nightmare before Christmas - I don't have the words or correct title. Sorry. :(

AKL - Unfortunately my favorite has no words...the Tree of Life area music is awesome! I wish I'd thought to get a CD of some of the lobby music! I'd be tempted to use "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" if nothing else comes up for this one.

So far for the Boardwalk all I can think of is the non-Disney song "Under the Boardwalk" - and I can't get it out of my head! :rotfl2:

piratesmate said:
So far for the Boardwalk all I can think of is the non-Disney song "Under the Boardwalk" - and I can't get it out of my head! :rotfl2:

I was thinking the same thing. I'll probably be singing it all day. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

as would "a spoonful of sugar"...maybe for a rainy day or riding a scary ride

How about something from Pochantas for AK

Sounds really cute!!

Grim Grinning Ghost is the theme song for the Haunted Mansion.

I love all of the ones you ladies have come up with so far! :goodvibes

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You guys are really helping me out! I wasn't sure if I could pull off a complete album based on songs, but I now I think I might be able to do it! :earsboy:

"under the Boardwalk" has also been stuck in my head. Still trying to think of something Disneyish, but I can always use that as a back-up if I can't come up with anything else. Though I do think I'll stray from Disney for a bit and do "Walk ths Way" for Rock-n-Rollercoaster, our favorite ride!

mouseclick1 said:
Though I do think I'll stray from Disney for a bit and do "Walk ths Way" for Rock-n-Rollercoaster, our favorite ride!

For that, you could use their Disney-fied (kind of) version: Love on a Roller Coaster!

What about Davy Crockett's song for Frontierland?
A bit of a stretch would be the Digging song from Snow White while you're digging in your wallet for souvineers...

For Tower of Terror you could use an old 40's song, maybe one of the songs that plays in the lobby like "We'll Meet Again".

I love your idea though!

For Boardwalk how about the song from Lilo and Stitch
Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride. I know Boardwalk isn't set up like Hawaii, but the real boardwalk usually has roller coasters.

What a great idea I am going steal it. I hope that is ok. Does anyone know where you can find the words to the songs? Also one of my favorites is "Never smile at a crocidle, never tip your hat and stop to talk a while, don't be taken in my his .....grin, he's imagining how well you fit with in his skin." etc. what could I use that one for?

cmputerdazed said:
What a great idea I am going steal it. I hope that is ok. Does anyone know where you can find the words to the songs? Also one of my favorites is "Never smile at a crocidle, never tip your hat and stop to talk a while, don't be taken in my his .....grin, he's imagining how well you fit with in his skin." etc. what could I use that one for?

I did a google search on "Disney Lyrics" and was able to find quite a few good sites. I also typed in specific song titles to get harder to find lyrics (Grim Grinning Ghosts). Hmmm, not sure how to use those lyrics, but I'll keep thinking!

Here are a couple of links I found:

http://www.stlyrics.com/c/classicdisney.htm

http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Stage/7840/select.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter