Any hotels similar to Royal Pacific Resort at Universal?

overthemoon4mickey

Mouseketeer
We just decided last night to plan a trip to universal this summer. Rough outline of the trip is that we'll be going for a week. We plan on fying in on a Saturday, but want to spend that night and Sunday night in a resort to just relax before we hit universal and Royal Pacific Resort for 3 nights 4 days. Any recommendations for hotels/resorts? By the way we've stayed at Bonnet creek several times and think we'd like a change of scenery. We have also stayed at Caribe Royal too. Thanks ya'll!

We just decided last night to plan a trip to universal this summer. Rough outline of the trip is that we'll be going for a week. We plan on fying in on a Saturday, but want to spend that night and Sunday night in a resort to just relax before we hit universal and Royal Pacific Resort for 3 nights 4 days. Any recommendations for hotels/resorts? By the way we've stayed at Bonnet creek several times and think we'd like a change of scenery. We have also stayed at Caribe Royal too. Thanks ya'll!
How about Cabana Bay? Nicely themed, big rooms, great pools, and you won't have to move far at all when its time to move. Also, the resort is much less money than the Royal. We have stayed there twice and enjoy it.

Just be aware that Cabanna Bay does not get you front of the line access. It would be an additional charge per day per person.
Southwest Airlines is running a package deal right now for Universal resorts. HTH

Thanks Rumplemom,
W
e are looking for a tropical resort we can hang out at for 2 days before we hit Universal and RPR. I think we really want to stay away from any Universal hotels and just chill out somewhere nice.
We usually get so engaged in the parks we don't have enough down time. This time I promised we'd have some relaxation before the lure of the parks pulled us in for all day go go go fun. And since we'll be staying 3 night and 4 park days at Universal/RPR we'll have plenty of park time with FOTL passes. I really envision having a few relaxing mornings, hang by the pool for awhile, maybe do a small activity, then dinner somewhere nice. This is really hard for me as I like to be on the go when I vacation but DH, DD15(16 on the trip), and DS9 want to slow our pace.

We love the pool at RPR and are looking for someplace similar. Water fun, pool side service, nice amenities. Anyone have any suggestions?

The Omni is nice if you feel like driving out that way for the two nights. Hyatt Grand Cypress has an awesome pool area. Marriott World Center is another.

Has anyone stayed at the Pacific? Yes, the only interest is being close to USO and getting the Express pass, but that's enough for a serious investigation.

Universals Cabana Bay Resort is a very good value with nice pool areas and a lazy river.
The pool bars make really good frozen Pina Coladas and Margaritas.
Nice to sit around the fire pits in the evening with a cocktail listening to the music.
We have stayed 3 times now and enjoyed it on all visits.
You do get early park admission but not the Express pass that you get when staying at Universals Deluxe resorts.
The shuttle to the parks takes about 2 minutes or you can walk it in about 5 minutes

Priced about the same as a Disney Value resort but with amenities more like a Disney moderate.

Has anyone stayed at the Pacific? Yes, the only interest is being close to USO and getting the Express pass, but that's enough for a serious investigation.

Yep, I've stayed there. It's a really beautiful hotel. My favorite at Universal is Portofino, but that's generally more expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter