1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Any grills at the value resorts?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by AntePrincess, May 12, 2013.

1. AntePrincess

AntePrincess Not a princess... yet.

We're planning a two week trip for five and we get tired of eating out (at least with kids ;)) pretty quick, so we're planning on some in-room breakfasts and picnics, and it occurred to me that a little family grill out would be a great change of pace. Does anyone know if any of the value resorts have picnic tables and grills available for guests to use?

Since we're driving down, we could probably pack a tabletop grill if we get very committed to this idea, but in that case I'd want to know that any picnic table type areas were set up at a nice distance from the hotels. I wouldn't want to bother anyone with smoke and the smell of lighter fluid. :faint:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

I can't think of any place with "authorized" grills except Fort Wilderness Cabins and that is considered moderate. Value resorts don't have them and I don't think a personal grill would go over very well even if at a distance from the resort. There is just too much vegetation, cars, and people to do that safely. Plus - where would you eat? The safest place would be in a parking lot and that wouldn't be comfortable.

Since you are driving, I'd go more with cold picnic ideas like ham and cheese sandwiches with a quick run out to a grocery store. Or, you can get fried chicken or something for the evening. Get some potato salad or cole slaw, some chips and dip. Something like that.

4. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

Country Fair at All-Star Music does have picnic tables,but I don't "recall" seeing any grills.:)
    http://allears.net/acc/asmu/asmu042011a40.jpg

5. AntePrincess

Naturally, I was looking for a spot with picnic tables which would solve the where to eat question, too. I suppose I could always call ahead to be doubly sure, but I thought I'd ask.

That looks promising, and they have family suites. It looks like a tabletop grill would work nicely there.

6. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

You may want to call and ask if they will have a problem with you using a grill. I've never seen it, and I can't believe no one has thought of it before. I'm guessing they are not allowed, but definitely call and check. You don't want to pack something that you can't use.

7. Tink415

Tink415 DIS Veteran

As a pp said there are grills at FW cabins, and there are grills at dvc resorts. But value resorts aren't setup for grilling outside. I think bringing a portable tabletop charcoal grill and using lighter fluid would be way more trouble than its worth. But if you're going to have a car how about looking for a park some where close by ..just an idea!

8. OrlandoUnited

OrlandoUnited Mouseketeer

Will you people leave this person alone and just let them burn down whichever Value Resort they choose?:stir:

9. Epcotgal

Epcotgal Guest

Disnut8 is right. A cold picnic should be fine but I highly doubt that they will allow any type of grill at a value resort. The cabins at Ft. Wilderness are set up with them though.

10. AntePrincess

It's no big deal, I'm not committed to a grill out, just not familiar with the value resorts since the last time I stayed on property was over a decade ago in a moderate. Looking at the resort maps they do seem awfully crowded and not particularly flush with bus stops either... might have to drive more than we'd planned.

Thanks for the help!