Any good reasons to upgrade from POP to Carribean Beach or Coronado Springs?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by JUJU814, Dec 4, 2012.

1. JUJU814

JUJU814 DIS Veteran

We are scheduled to stay at Pop Century from 12/28-1/5.

do the mod resorts have fridges?

What are other reasons I may want to upgrade during this time? I need to be convinced! I'm not overly thrilled about POP.

Thank you!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ktaggie

ktaggie Mouseketeer

We only upgraded due to bed size.

4. natalie123

natalie123 Earning My Ears

There are fridges ..

5. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

We've stayed at POP and CBR. We found POP to be the superior resort out of the two. CBR was not worth the extra cost to us.

6. MADnNOLA

MADnNOLA DIS Veteran

All the Value Resorts have fridges now. :thumbsup2

I am asking myself the same question! I am trying to weigh out the cost difference as to the amenities, bed size and the pool area. Ugh! :sad2:

7. kdog_1981

kdog_1981 Mouseketeer

Total room size...

8. JUJU814

JUJU814 DIS Veteran

Bed sizes are different? Are there not two queens at the values?

9. rcraw45425

rcraw45425 <font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with

No, values have full sized beds

10. owl0306

owl0306 Mouseketeer

a lot. values - small beds, small rooms, no ts, no pool slides

11. tinacaplan

tinacaplan DIS Veteran

I just went through this very same dilemma and ended up upgrading to Coronado, even though its only for a short trip. I really want the bigger beds and the hot tub, which I know I'll use as I'm from New England sunny and 65 is hot tub weather as far as I'm concerned. :lmao: I also think CSR has great transportation (have stayed there twice before). I love the bed linens, too, and if the linens at AoA this summer were any indication, don't think I'd like them much at Pop.

12. leftaslide

leftaslide NW GA. DDC #751

When did that happen?

13. tinacaplan

tinacaplan DIS Veteran

The values and CBR have double beds; Coronado and now POR and POFQ have queens.

14. JUJU814

JUJU814 DIS Veteran

Now I'm contemplating trying for AKL. UGH!!! Why can't I ever make a decision and stick with it???

I'm thinking, I LOVE Boma. There are a lot of available ADR's there while we are there. The kids will love the animals. It's the least pricey of the deluxes, but still incredibly pricey. Plus I have two rooms.

Trying to make this trip as "comfortable" as possible, especially where it's the busiest week of the year and I'm not exactly chipper in health with uncontrolled diabetes that I'm trying to work on.

Should I????

Oh help me justify it!!

15. MADnNOLA

MADnNOLA DIS Veteran

Not certain when they added them. but my last trip in October in ASMusic I had a fridge in a standard room, and the visit a year ago at Pop I had one, also a standard room.

16. JUJU814

JUJU814 DIS Veteran

Guess I didn't need help justifying it. LOL

I upgraded our ressie to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I sure hope it is worth it!

17. ats360

ats360 Earning My Ears

My wide and I have stayed at POP and loved it. And, each time our room had a king size bed...

18. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

OP, my choices:
    1.AKL but only with a savanna view.
    2.CSR has queen beds and unless it's changed, CBR and POP both have doubles.

19. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

As an AP holder I go to WDW 4-6 times a year. Since my husband is not as big a WDW fan as I am, alot of those trips are solo (he'll go only once or twice a year:rotfl:). Anyway, the majority of my trips (even my solo trips) have been to the moderates, with CSR and POFQ being my favorites. I am just not a fan of the values (too loud, busy, decor too over the top, and the bus stops are usually among the last coming out of the parks at night). I have stayed at several deluxes, but unless I get a really good discount, have a hard time justifying their prices. The moderates just seem to fit me. The reasons:

bigger rooms, queen size beds, ceiling fans, coffee makers, TS restaurant on site (except at POFQ) in case I don't feel like going out one night, covered bus stops with nice benches to sit on, more soft landscaping (trees and shrubs), bus stops usually closer coming out of the parks at night, hot tubs, pool slides, nicer pools, and just the general feel of the moderates are more relaxing.

20. tinacaplan

tinacaplan DIS Veteran

I've always thought a stay at AKL during Christmas would be incredible for just the reasons you mentioned. It seems like it has the resort without the most to do. I don't think you'll regret it.