1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Any feedback on the San Juan Bacardi / Old San Juan City Tour???

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Kimmielee, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Kimmielee

Kimmielee <marquee><font color=blue>The first person to repl

My DH and I have this booked for our March cruise on the Fantasy but haven't heard a thing about it. Has anyone done this and is it worth the price? San Juan is a port we have never been to... :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kris10399

kris10399 Mouseketeer

We just did that excursion in January. Both DH and I have been to San Juan together and separately on non cruise vacations. We wouldn't do that tour again.

We've been to El Yunke was a great place if you've not been to a rainforest but I can't speak for the excursion that is offered on the ship. Even just walking around in Old San Juan is nice too if you've never been. Get a good map of San Juan and just walk the town. There are lots of statues and sites to see by foot. The ship docks right downtown with lots of restaurants to try as well.

Have a great time!

4. MCO mama

MCO mama Mouseketeer

Another vote for wandering around Old San Juan...and EAT something! DH & I love SJ and the food is awesome! :) The Bacardi tour is just ok...unless it is your favorite brand of all time I would do something else.

5. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We just got off the Fantasy yesterday. We were at San Juan on Wednesday. We just got off the ship and crossed the street over to where the free (donations suggested) national park service shuttle stopped. Took that up to El Morro - do not miss this - and then walked back down through the town to the ship.

6. Kimmielee

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate the responses!

7. Kimmielee

Bumping to see if anyone has recently taken this tour???:confused3

8. eyesing4u

eyesing4u DVC Member

We did this tour but did not book through DCL. We got a taxi and he took our whole gang anywhere we wanted all day for $100. You get two free rum drinks while waiting for the tour. We had fun but then again we like our rum. There is a tram that takes you to their main building, a short tour, and of course the gift shop. Our taxi waited for us at each stop which included El Morro and Castillo San Cristobal. He also gave us a tour through Old San Juan and dropped us off at a great restaurant across from the pier. This worked out great for us because we had Nana with us in her wheelchair and El Yunque would not have been an option for us.

9. Kimmielee

Thanks!

10. linetbo

linetbo DIS Veteran

Hi, I am puerto rican, if you have kids they wont like the bacardi tour. You should walk the old San Juan by yourself its cheeper and you can see everything that you see at the expensive tour. You can eat at Raices mofongo, alcapurrias and pina colada. Walk or take the trolley to el Morro (fort).

11. Kimmielee

Thanks!! Looks like a walking tour is in our future!! Is the restaurant name Raices that you suggest?

12. linetbo

linetbo DIS Veteran

Yes Raices, puerto rican food, you should try alcapurrias for appetizer and "carne frita con mofongo" for main course and then flan for desert. And after all that food then star walking all over the Old San Juan. Enjoy your cruise and your day in my island.