Any DVC Studios with 2 Queen Beds other than OKW

As much as the WDW resorts cost us DVC members points wise, we should have that option at every studio.
You know I've had my DVC now for almost 4 years but Im thinking about maybe selling it, because for the price I can stay wherever I want at a better price.
Then when I feel like WDW I can just purchase a room when its discounted.

DVC was a really bad choice by me :(

As much as the WDW resorts cost us DVC members points wise, we should have that option at every studio.
You know I've had my DVC now for almost 4 years but Im thinking about maybe selling it, because for the price I can stay wherever I want at a better price.

I stayed at BWV Nov 10-15, at first there were no points rooms available so I booked a 35% off AP discounted studio, it was $285 with tax per night. Eventually I was able to get the rooms on points by reserving nights as they became available. It was 15 points per night. I don't see where $285 per night was a better price than 15 points. If you are happy staying in a value or moderate, then that would be the way to go but not deluxe.

I presume you're talking the small extra bed and sleep 5. If they had made the studios larger and added these options to other resorts, the points would have been even more than they are, much closer to the VGF costs. So the idea that we're already paying this much for other studios but not getting the option is not correct as I see it.

I stayed at BWV Nov 10-15, at first there were no points rooms available so I booked a 35% off AP discounted studio, it was $285 with tax per night. Eventually I was able to get the rooms on points by reserving nights as they became available. It was 15 points per night. I don't see where $285 per night was a better price than 15 points. If you are happy staying in a value or moderate, then that would be the way to go but not deluxe.

Due to weather, I was arriving a night earlier than planned. With tax, a room at Music was over $150...thank heavens, my wait list for a studio at OKW cane through. Definitely a nicer room for less cost to me!

I presume you're talking the small extra bed and sleep 5. If they had made the studios larger and added these options to other resorts, the points would have been even more than they are, much closer to the VGF costs. So the idea that we're already paying this much for other studios but not getting the option is not correct as I see it.

Im saying, for what us DVC members pay to get points and how many points it costs to stay in a studio, that studios should come with 2 queen beds so 4 can sleep comfortably.
Most of these rooms are just plan ole hotel rooms, nothing special.
Ive stayed in the 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom rooms at old key and saratoga and they were nice dont get me wrong. But I've paid $100 a night in miami to stay at a holiday inn that had 50" TVs in living room and bedroom and had a fully equipped kitchen.

Yes I understand disney is expensive, but what Im asking for is minor. 2 queen beds in a studio with no bump in points.
Also to get a 1 bedroom its double the points. Id almost rather have 2 studios than a 1bedroom. Sure you get the kitchen but unless you plan on catching a taxi to a grocery store and eating most your meals in the room, most dont need a kitchen.

Im saying, for what us DVC members pay to get points and how many points it costs to stay in a studio, that studios should come with 2 queen beds so 4 can sleep comfortably.

There's only two of us and we typically stay in studios. I'd rather the room have the sleeper sofa since it makes for more open space in the room.

in timeshare world, studios are generally intended for 2 people. i would not expect DVC (as a timeshare) to conform to your expectations any time soon...you do sound more like a hotel world person.

There's only two of us and we typically stay in studios. I'd rather the room have the sleeper sofa since it makes for more open space in the room.
I agree. It's just the two of us and we prefer the current studio setup with one bed and a sofa. We like to relax on vacation and we use the sofa a lot. Plus it makes the room feel more spacious.

When we travel to places other than WDW and stay in a typical hotel room, I miss having a sofa. I do wish the DVC studios had king size beds instead of queen size, and real plates, bowls and cutlery in the kitchenette. But don't take away the sofa!!

Ive stayed in the 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom rooms at old key and saratoga and they were nice dont get me wrong. But I've paid $100 a night in miami to stay at a holiday inn that had 50" TVs in living room and bedroom and had a fully equipped kitchen.

Yes I understand disney is expensive, but what Im asking for is minor. 2 queen beds in a studio with no bump in points.
Also to get a 1 bedroom its double the points. Id almost rather have 2 studios than a 1bedroom. Sure you get the kitchen but unless you plan on catching a taxi to a grocery store and eating most your meals in the room, most dont need a kitchen.
I would disagree about this being a minor request. Given the villas would have been larger and thus less villas, you'd likely have paid about 5-10% more up front pp, increased the points costs by 10% or so and have dues about the same 10% higher pp. You paid for what you got which means that you really only own the resort(s) you own and have no say in the resorts you don't own and try to trade to at 7 months out or less.

As Charles addressed, industry wide studios are aimed at 2, most 1 BR at 2-3 and 2 BR at 4-6.

It sounds like it was a bad choice for you and you didn't understand what you bought.

I didn't think I'd use the kitchen - but we use it all the time. We have groceries delivered or we run to the Screen Door - plus we usually pack some groceries - no need for a taxi, and we usually only eat breakfast in the room - but that is still one meal a day - usually eggs but sometimes pancakes. Once again, you "bought" rooms with a kitchen - for those of us that understood what we were buying - we either use, or accept the kitchen as part of the deal.

And since it would likely violate the contract for them to change existing units - yeah, what you are asking IS a big deal - even if they could fit those beds in. Your only hope is that they would build more studios with 2 beds....but since they haven't done it since OKW at WDW, I wouldn't hold your breath.

It sounds like it was a bad choice for you and you didn't understand what you bought. I didn't think I'd use the kitchen - but we use it all the time. We have groceries delivered or we run to the Screen Door - plus we usually pack some groceries - no need for a taxi, and we usually only eat breakfast in the room - but that is still one meal a day - usually eggs but sometimes pancakes. Once again, you "bought" rooms with a kitchen - for those of us that understood what we were buying - we either use, or accept the kitchen as part of the deal. And since it would likely violate the contract for them to change existing units - yeah, what you are asking IS a big deal - even if they could fit those beds in. Your only hope is that they would build more studios with 2 beds....but since they haven't done it since OKW at WDW, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I know this is off topic, but what is the Screen Door?

On topic...I personally would be upset if we showed up at Aulani on our next trip and the rooms were different than what we were shown when we bought! Upgrades in decor is fine, but I would think a configuration change would be a violation in contract (as several of you have mentioned).

I know this is off topic, but what is the Screen Door?

The store at the Boardwalk. Each DVC has a little store, and while you won't be making a gourmet meal from their offerings, you can get eggs, milk, spaghetti sauce, pasta, bread, peanut butter.......

If you want more than that, Garden Grocer or WeGoShop, will let you order over the internet while still at home and drop it off for you the day you arrive. Much wider selection, although I still probably wouldn't depend on them to pick out my eggplant for me - not to mention that the kitchen does not have the set of graduated sieves required by recipes in the French Laundry cookbook ;)

I suspect most of us, if we cook, cook eggs and pancakes for breakfast, spaghetti and chili for dinner, and sandwiches and soup at lunchtime. And not many members bring their own pasta machine. And I also suspect that more than half of us who book a one or two bedroom use the stove at least once on vacation. As I said, all we ever do is breakfast, but that counts. And because I find Disney breakfasts generally horrifying on so many levels (expensive, usually unhealthy, often barely edible (and when it is edible, you tend to get double points for unhealthy - Tonga Toast anyone?), and time consuming), its a lot of value to us.

Now that our kids are teenagers (boy & Girl) just wondering what type of twin air mattress you are bringing as the one I have would take up a small suitcase and that doesn't include bedding. I've been looking for a more compact twin with no luck..

I actually wish that a few of the 1 bedrooms had 2 beds in the room instead if the king (although I love the king) as the kids get older it is tough to share beds and I usually don't want to get a two bedroom (too much space). I am glad that more of the 1 bedrooms are going to put the Murphy bed that will help with bed sharing.

I actually wish that a few of the 1 bedrooms had 2 beds in the room instead if the king (although I love the king) as the kids get older it is tough to share beds and I usually don't want to get a two bedroom (too much space). I am glad that more of the 1 bedrooms are going to put the Murphy bed that will help with bed sharing.

The more room configurations there are the better the chances that you'll have to move in order to get a complete week in. Say you want to switch to BCV at seven months for five nights - all seven nights are open - but for two nights ONLY rooms with a king bed are open, and for two nights ONLY rooms with two queens are open.

Now that our kids are teenagers (boy & Girl) just wondering what type of twin air mattress you are bringing as the one I have would take up a small suitcase and that doesn't include bedding. I've been looking for a more compact twin with no luck..

Intex makes one. I know this is an old post, but if anybody is curious...there's the answer. It also has a built-in pump - all for $35 at WalMart or Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter