Any DVC Studios with 2 Queen Beds other than OKW

Family-of-4

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I know that OKW used to be the only studios with 2 queen beds. Wondering if Disney has made any upgrades. Is the only option in all the other WDW studios one queen and one double pull-out couch? Are any of the pull-outs queen size in any of the studios?

Thanks,
Jeff

I don't believe Disney has any intention of making more studios with 2 queen beds. They prefer to suggest to families that want more beds to upgrade their room choices. Since we only have 2 of use I actually prefer the studios with only 1 bed.

There are a few dedicated 2BRs that have 2 queens in the studio portion of the room. I know BCV and BLT come to mind. There may be more. However, these cannot be booked as studios since they are part of a dedicated 2BR. I still wanted to mention it in case your intention (or another reader's) is to book a 2BR and you wanted extra beds in that portion of the room.

Like rlovew, we are 2 people, and we enjoy having the sitting area instead of an extra bed. It makes the room feel like home to us.

Vero Beach Inn Rooms have two queen beds. OKW studios have two queen beds. All the other studios have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. BLT is the smallest of all the studios so they couldn't get a queen sized sleeper in that studio if they tried. The others are too small for any thing larger than a double sleeper sofa.

There are a few dedicated 2BRs that have 2 queens in the studio portion of the room. I know BCV and BLT come to mind. There may be more. However, these cannot be booked as studios since they are part of a dedicated 2BR. I still wanted to mention it in case your intention (or another reader's) is to book a 2BR and you wanted extra beds in that portion of the room.

Like rlovew, we are 2 people, and we enjoy having the sitting area instead of an extra bed. It makes the room feel like home to us.

while yes the dedicated rooms have 2 Q beds they are not studios but actually a confined 2 bedroom suite, there is no extra door/kitchenette, etc.

Thanks all - that's what we thought. We are 4, 13 y/o girl and 10 y/o boy so the double sleeper sofa is getting a bit too cozy now.

One other question - OKW 1BR has the queen pull out sofa and the twin pull out chair. Do any other 1BR have the pull out chair (or if it's widespread, are there any that don't have it)? This works great when the kids want their own space & don't want to be on an air mattress.

Thanks all - that's what we thought. We are 4, 13 y/o girl and 10 y/o boy so the double sleeper sofa is getting a bit too cozy now.

One other question - OKW 1BR has the queen pull out sofa and the twin pull out chair. Do any other 1BR have the pull out chair (or if it's widespread, are there any that don't have it)? This works great when the kids want their own space & don't want to be on an air mattress.

1BRs at OKW, AKV and BLT have the sleep sofa and sleeper chair. None of the other WDW DVC resorts have that configuration at this time.

AKV 1 bedrooms also have the sleeper chair - oops - just saw this posted above!

Hi All,

I know that OKW used to be the only studios with 2 queen beds. Wondering if Disney has made any upgrades. Is the only option in all the other WDW studios one queen and one double pull-out couch? Are any of the pull-outs queen size in any of the studios?

Thanks,
Jeff
As noted, only OKW and VB Inn Rooms. I know I've seen a couple of the 2 BR dedicated units at AKV that had a queen pull out in the second (which surprised me) but I'm pretty sure all the studios have the love seat size. You should likely plan for a 2 BR in the next few years and in the interim, only the 1 BR sleep 5 units would work for most people with your group type.

You will see lots of us here that travel with a twin air mattress. You need to supply your own bedding as well. DD(18) & DS(16). We have been using this method since 2005 when we joined.:goodvibes

This works best in a 1B. But have done it in some studios as well. Seriously, do not think you would ever fit this set up in BLT's small studios.

Its been posted here before that they can't "upgrade" in this manner - that the configuration of the units was determined in the POS and if it says "pull out couch" they need to provide a pull out couch in the rooms because that is what we are promised in the contract. And since some people prefer the pull out couch, it wouldn't be welcome as a universal upgrade.

You will see lots of us here that travel with a twin air mattress. You need to supply your own bedding as well. DD(18) & DS(16). We have been using this method since 2005 when we joined.:goodvibes

This works best in a 1B. But have done it in some studios as well. Seriously, do not think you would ever fit this set up in BLT's small studios.

We did. We keep an air mattress in our Owner's Locker and used it in a BLT studio for 8 nights. DS slept on the pullout sofa, DD on the floor on the mattress. It was cozy but worked just fine. During the day we stood the mattress up between the bed and wall.

AKV dedicated 2BRs have two queens in the studio portion as well, at least some of them do...same as noted above, can not be booked as studio only.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

AKV dedicated 2BRs have two queens in the studio portion as well, at least some of them do...same as noted above, can not be booked as studio only

Only a 2-bedroom lock-off is made up of a 1-bedroom and a studio with a connecting door. A dedicated 2-bedroom has a real second bedroom, it's not a studio.

We did. We keep an air mattress in our Owner's Locker and used it in a BLT studio for 8 nights. DS slept on the pullout sofa, DD on the floor on the mattress. It was cozy but worked just fine. During the day we stood the mattress up between the bed and wall.

Good to know. :cool1:

CarolynMink said:
Do you know how big the pull down is at VGF? Is it a full size twin? My DD is only 5'2" so she fits on the pull out chairs fine.:goodvibes

Not quite a full size twin, but someone 5'2" should fit comfortably in it. I think 5'6"ish is about the limit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

SSR dedicated 2 bedrooms have two Queen size beds in the second bedroom also.

It gets tricky when the kids get too old to sleep together....Good luck..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter