Any DVC members who also scrap?

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
We just became DVC members a few weeks ago and will be embarking on our first tri this Aug. We plan to go to Disney about twice a year and want to scrap all our vacations.
I would love to know how fellow DVC members scrap their trips. Do you use 1 album per year?
Thanks!

Hi,
We became members in June 2004, after our first trip to Disney World. Coincidentally, I am also a fairly new scrapper, having only started about three years ago, when we took our kids to Disneyland for the first time. I fell in love with scrapping and have been a scrappaholic ever since :goodvibes
I plan to scrap each DVC "adventure" as it happens. Next Thursday will be our first time to use DVC and we're using it for the Disneyland Hotel AND for Beach Club Villas in one trip. I plan to scrap a whole 50th celebration book.
I'm anxiously waiting the next swap as well, as I haven't participated in those yet, but they sound like SOOO much fun!
Happy scrappin, fellow DVCer!

I'm a DVC member and have been scrapping for about 4 years or so. I scrap every detail of each of our trips!! This past trip, I tried to take less pictures but I didn't really succeed. However, I always try to find different pictures so that my albums look different.

I usually use an album or 2 for each trip. I scrap a lot of pages so our December 02 trip was probably 120 pages total. I'm trying to keep our October 04 trip to about 80 pages. We'll see how well I do!

We use a Creative Memories 12x 15 book and initially planned on doing 4 - 8 pages per trip but that has varried depending on what we were doing. I like the bigger pages for this book since we can get more on the pages and put more than one trip in the book.
We do separate books - 12 x 12 for our cruises.

We have been DVC member since 1998 and I have been scrapping just as long. In fact, the first scrapping I did was of our first WDW trip. I have about 34 books with a total of about 14 trips. I have never been one to take a ton of pictures so it has been easy. I think the most I took was of our last trip and there were about 80 pics. I posted this before too, but for our last trip I asked everyone in the family what their 5 favorite things at WDW were and I took pics and will scrap them that way. A page for each person in the family. Went in March and I am not quite there chronologically so I will have to wait a couple more months before I scrap them. Plus I need a new album and haven't found one I like. I can't stand the new one's that are out at the LSS.

Been a DVC member since 2000 and I scrap depending on the trip. It all depends on how many pictures I take. We go about every other year around Christmas. I've taken some small trips in between and a cruise (I used two books for that - one for the day before the cruise which included WDW and one for the week after the cruise because we took our time coming home and made stops along the way).

Welcome home! :) We're members and have made one trip home earlier this month that hasn't been scrapped yet..HOWEVER!...I've scrapped many non-DVC visits when we stayed on property and will do this the same way. I like to include the map they give you when you check in w/your room marked and I cut some info out and use it from the resort info they give you. For DH's 40th birthday I used an entire album, otherwise it depends on the visit.

I'm also going to make a page with joining DVC. Kind of gooby I know but I'm just so excited! I'm going to use some of the promotional material and journal on the page, no photos.

Have fun!!

Jennz - Good idea. I think wehen we FINALLY make our first trip home, I'll do a DVC page.

Carrie I thought you'd been members for a while. It's so exciting to get to the guard shack and hear that "welcome home" and it seems like everyone says it! Now that I'm thinking about it I wish I had taken a picture of some of the resort stuff. Oh well. Enjoy your first trip home! The promotional stuff is so cute I hate to throw it out so now I have a collection. :) I think I'm going to cut some of them out to use in layouts.

We've been members since last April. However, we did the buy back of the 1st year's points, since we just got back from WDW. We only plan to go every other year. (Hope to change that.) However, we'll do Marathon in January and stay 6-7 days and then we're doing an alaska cruise for our 10 yr anniv late summer/early fall. We won't be able to go againbefore AUgust '07. So much for thinking we had way more points than we needed! ;) After 08 we should have plenty, though. (Famous last words....)

From reading the boards, though, I feel like I've been a member forever. :teeth:

I've been a member for a little over three years and have been scrappin' for about the same amount of time -- maybe a little less. I'm so far behind with my scrappin', I may never get caught up. That's all right, though. It's the journey, not the destination. :flower:

New DVC Member here!! (we just joined on Saturday!! 7/2). But have been scrapbooking for about 8 years. I always scrap our vacations (usually 1-2 12x12 books per vacation) and plan on continuing that because we will probably continue to take 7-10 day vacations. If we use our DVC points for shorter trips I will scrap that too, but it might go into my "day-to-day" books instead of a dedicated book. Definitely going to scrap joining DVC!!!

That's a great idea - scrapping joining DVC... I still have tons of the promotional material. We joined DVC last September, and I started scrapping... umm... like today :) so nope I haven't scrapped any DVC vacations. I'll take tips from all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter