Any doofuses (Like Me!) trying to cram an emergency visit in to see Maelstrom?

If you've ridden Maelstrom twice you ridden it one too many times. The attraction is too short (half the ride is the lift hill) and the exit Que is bad, forcing Maelstrom rookies to watch a movie before exiting. The actual ride is interesting and fun, but if you blink you will miss it. I'm ready for it to end and move on to something new.

Needless to say, I won't be traveling to WDW to ride it one last time. :)

our trip was already planned for 9/28 - 10/5 however we were planned for DHS on Sunday, when i found out it was closing I had to do some rearranging... :)

I'm going next Saturday for Dapper Day, but I have a little evil plan to wear a t-shirt that says 'Occupy Epcot' on one side and 'Save the Maelstrom' on the other so I can wear it while I ride it over and over before the evening events in DHS.

And no, I'm not kidding. :cool1:

love it Alice Royal! :thumbsup2 My DD is going to Dapper Day too. I called and told her to head to Maelstrom for 1 last ride... to ride it for me, it is the ride of my people!! (My great, great, great grandpa came from Norway...lol. Norway in EPCOT is the closest I'll ever get to the real thing.)

I wish I could make it down one last time, but I have a trip scheduled in Jan and can't afford to go now :( I really gained an appreciation for it on my last trip, but the movie was NEVER playing. So even though I know I've seen the movie before, I really don't remember it.

I was supposed to go down for a weekend trip in November for my birthday, but this Doofus had to go on Maelstrom one last time, so just yesterday we quickly booked a trip to go down this weekend. We live in NY. I told my DH I know this is kind of crazy, but he thought it sounded like fun, so off we go!

EP and especially WS holds a very special place in my heart and I am really sad Maelstrom is going away. I'm so happy I will get to ride it one last time.

I love it! Have a great time!:cheer2:

We were already planning to take DS to MNSSHP but he had been so sick recently I thought we wouldn't make it this year. But he is better sooner than anticipated so we booked a trip on Sunday...for this weekend. We added an Epcot day just to say goodbye. DH's family is a tall, blonde group of Viking decedents so the Norway pavilion and ride was always a must-do. We will miss maelstrom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter