Any Disney Vegetarians?

I tend to complain quite a bit about Disney's food but,actually, I think they do a pretty good job in this area. Especially compared to other theme parks.

Enjoy!

:)

Never had any major issues. Been to the odd restaurant (the one in Mexico in Epcot - I forget what it's called) where there was nothing veggie on the menu but I just asked and they sorted something, wasn't an issue at all.

That's one thing I like about america, if you ask for something you usually get it - over here I usually have more choice as a veggie but you feel like a total pain if you dare ask for anything different to what's on the actual menu, well in a lot of places you do!

I have always come back from Florida at least half a stone heavier than when I arrived so the food clearly isn't an issue!! :rotfl:

mo x

You will find at least one vegetarian option on just about every TS menu at WDW. In many cases, there will be one or two more that are easily made vegetarian by leaving out the meat or fish. Tell your server you are vegetarian and would like to speak to the chef to ensure there aren't any hidden meat products like chicken stock in a sauce. You will find the chefs to be amazingly accommodating, and willing to switch up a sauce of adjust a side dish.

Most CS locations also have some type of vegetarian offering, veggie burgers (available where ever burgers are served, even if it's not shown on the menu, just ask), veggie wraps, grilled veggie sandwiches, greek salad, plain or veggie pizza, etc. There are a few places where you may be limited to salad and fries, but that is really the exception.

Check menus here on the DIS, menus on All Ears, and menus on the official WDW site.

There are numerous veggie dining trip reports on the DIS. Here are just a couple:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=21247030#post21247030&highlight=vegan (This DISer has several vegan/vegetarian reports)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2494556

uh yeah we had a problem. my mom is a veg. and at 2 different CS restaurants they offered her the chicken cesar salad! my mom was like right, chicken is a meat, i dont eat meat, do you have any non meat veggie options? :lmao: we also found bacon was snuck into salads twice.

i found buffets worked well since there were a plethora of veggies, i eat meat but not always and in small doses so the buffet was perfect b/c i could get 4-6 veggies or fruits to fill up on.

You will have a great trip! I live in the Midwest where its red meat for every meal, Disney is a dream come true.
If you do a search thru the dining reports for vegetarian you will find some very helpful trip reports with pictures of what others have found for food. My favorite counter service is the Columbia Harbor house in MK. The lighthouse sandwich is so good! Ask at the buffets and they will point out for you what is vegetarian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter