Any dates for Test Track?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Frontier Girl, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Ritchie72

Ritchie72 Earning My Ears

I think it is gonna open on december 1st.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Flametamr

Flametamr <font color=red>I never thought about doing any ot

Why do people keep refering to other rides and old refurbs ? Test Track is only getting the entry and que rethemed. The ride itself is not being touched from what I remember reading. So why would there be delays due to ride problems ? That being said we'll be there the week of Dec 2nd so were hoping it's done right on time.

4. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

Not exactly right. The track and cars are staying the same but everything wrapped around that track is being changed.

But yes I really don't think you can infer that there will be extra problems because they had trouble getting the bugs worked out on the ride system when it first opened.

5. rluey29

rluey29 Wish I was in Disney, Hooray, Hooray!!!

The photos and videos I've seen on this site shows major differences in the ride. I hope it opens soon as well but right now it is sure a mess.

6. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

The track is the same...the actual speeds and mechanisms could be changed, and basically the entire scenery of the ride is being overhauled...it will seem like a nearly new ride experience most likely.

For comparison, its like the difference from "If you had wings" to "Dreamflight" except the name and sponsorship isn't changing. The track is the same, but the ride experience should be very different.

7. jvptravels

jvptravels Mouseketeer

The name is not changing, but GM's Chevrolet brand will be the presenting sponsor of the attraction.

8. rangerxenos

rangerxenos Mouseketeer

Darn, we'll be down there Nov. 10 - 16, and I was hoping it would be open by then.

9. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Actually the cars are different wdwmagic has the pics of the new cars being hauled over!!! They are sportier!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

10. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

They are probably not new cars though just either a new paint job or a new body but the same drivetrain.

11. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

Ah, true, so the same but different! :thumbsup2

12. DanBoris

DanBoris DIS Veteran

Only the paint job is different, other then that they are the same. I also heard that the audio system in the cars was getting an upgrade.

13. naomi78155

naomi78155 SAHM 2two. LOVE DiS!

Gah, we will be leaving Dec 1, hopefully we can swing on our way to the airport! I would love to see what changes they have made.

14. Tampalude99

Tampalude99 Earning My Ears

TEST TRACK WILL OPEN DEC 6 Along with something else in another park the same day
    :)