Any comments on AirTran???

ceecee

DIS Veteran
We usually fly USAir but lately haven't had any luck with the FF miles and available seats. I noticed AirTran had some good prices and a few non stop flights (usual for our airport). Any comments on them?? They are new here and I haven't heard anything.

We just flew Air Tran from Dayton to Orlando last week. I had never flown on this airline either, but was quite impressed. It was a new plane, on time, courteous service and a good flight, I would not hesitate to fly on them again.

I've never flown AirTran, either, but based on responses on the transportation board, I bought tickets, today, for $151.50 per person, nonstop flight out of Dayton, Dec. 6-15. Sure beats the $227 per person we were looking at, flyling Delta out of Columbus with a layover in Atlanta.

I just checked a few minutes ago, and the same tickets we bought yesterday are now $30 a piece more. So, if you see a good price, jump on it!! Most comments I read about AirTran were good!

Pat

161 days and counting . . . again!

I've never flown AirTran, either, but based on responses on the transportation board, I bought tickets, today, for $151.50 per person, nonstop flight out of Dayton, Dec. 6-15. Sure beats the $227 per person we were looking at, flyling Delta out of Columbus with a layover in Atlanta.

I just checked a few minutes ago, and the same tickets we bought yesterday are now $30 a piece more. So, if you see a good price, jump on it!! Most comments I read about AirTran were good!

Pat

161 days and counting . . . again!

we have many 'world travelers' in our family who LOVE Airtran...so we are using them on our trip this year and got AWESOME prices! $59 one way from Rochester NY to Orlando NON STOP!

Awesome!

One thing to note is the prices there vary WIDELY each day so if the day you choose has high prices try one day before or after to see a comparison...if you are flexible with your dates. You can save a ton potentially

My family has flown on Airtran twice, most recently to Orlando. The planes have been new and clean, service excellent, and hassle minimal. We are using airtran for our upcoming WDW trip again and got great rates for 79$ each way!

I forgot to mention but we fly out of CAK - not sure where in Ohio you are from but CAK is an easy airport to use and not usually crowded.

I haven't flown airtran from Dayton, but several members fo my family have, and have no complaints. We were going to fly them in October. Great rates, and times.

We are driving to Ind. and flying ATA, for $136.00 RT. We found an early departure, and a late return. We won't miss any days traveling. Even with a hotel room (parking included) we saved about $160.00 (total). I'm hoping the extra drive is worth it. We usually fly out of Columbus, so it is really only an extra hour. We are only 30 minutes to Dayton airport, but have only flown to Florida one time from there. If we hadn't chose ATA, we would have went with Airtran.

DH was a bit hesitant at first to fly AirTran but we just couldn't beat the savings. We normally fly USAir also and must say that the AirTran plane was in much better condition. The attendants were also more pleasant. We absolutely will not hesitate to fly them again and now actually prefer them to USAir.

P.S.... You can upgrade to first class for ~$30 if they have seats available.

Thanks Everyone! Went on the site and the $69.00 tickets were sold out....waited too long again! They are $89.00 now with a stop over (each way).

We too, flew out of Akron/Canton via AirTran last June. It was $175 RT with no layovers. We also found no problems and would us them again without hesitation. We LOVE that direct flight! In to Orlando by lunch time! Matter of fact, we ate at Bongos at 1130! Hope you find a good rate!

I don't know if it's just the Philly airport or what, but I wouldn't fly AirTran if my life depended on it! Mr friend had a flight where she literally had to keep catching her luggage to keep it from landing on her 4-year-old. There was some problem with the plane besides turbulence. Then she noticed it was the same plane that she ended up flying back on. Also, my husband had a horrible experience, not safety-related but with their lack of organization. He nearly missed his connecting flight because after they had to wait for the plane to pull into the gate, then no pilot showed up. They had to call another pilot late at night and wait for the poor guy (who had planned on sleeping, I'm sure) to show up!

I swore never to fly with Air Tran again. 4 years ago we flew to Orlando at Thanksgiving... going was fine but on the return trip we made it to the airport 2 hours before our flight was to leave only to be bumped for 3 days! 3 days, who ever heard of such a thing. We had to rent a car again, rent a hotel and entertain 2 kids with very little cash left. Not my favorite airline.

I have flown them before and have found them to be a safe reliable carrier. They are a low budget carrier, similar to Southwest. They are no free meals. Just snack mix and soft drinks.

If the price and times are right I would not hesitate to use them.

you will find people with good and bad experiences on every airline.

Have flown AirTran 5 times in the last 11 months and HIGHLY reccomend them. Who can beat the price, and they are very professional. I must also say....EVERY flight was on time!! That's a record!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter