Any Canon 40D owners out there? Tell us about it!

For those who understand the spec differences b/t the XTi and the 40D, what do you think of this guy's negative review of the 40D: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000V5P90K/sr=1-1/qid=1192844095/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop/105-9783309-3957219?ie=UTF8&m=A2P7U8ZHUJIO9T&n=502394&s=photo&customer-reviews.start=1&qid=1192844095&sr=1-1#R3C8S9D5XXLQLO

It is title "Why not more Megapix".

I assumed one important difference b/t the two cameras is that 40D has a bigger sensor, allowing you to take full advantage of the megapixels offered. Is this accurate?:confused3

Lithium ion batteries do not suffer from memory at all, there is no reason to drain fully before recharging. In fact it is quite the opposite, frequent full discharge/recharge is actually worse for a lithium ion battery because as it ages, a full discharge can risk falling below the voltage level at which it becomes unsafe to recharge, and that will trip the safety circuit in the battery, irreversably disabling it.

Also, the maximum capacity of a lithium ion battery goes down over time no matter what (after 2-3 years, max capacity is greatly diminished), but the rate of deterioration depends on charge level and storage temperature. If a lithium ion battery is going to be unused for a while, it is best to store it at a 40% charge level, and at a cool temperature (even in the fridge). This will minimize deterioration, but there is absolutely no way to stop it completely.

If you have a lithium ion battery that is older than 3 years, replace it!

Hope this helps!

is it the actual time ie so many days or the amount of usage( ie average # of shots shot in 3 yrs)..i try to rotate my batteries and wondering if that is doing any good or not..and i am guessing if you do use them frequently, the charge level doesn't matter? i usually recharge as soon as i get home from shooting so i always have 3 full batteries when i start out.

For those who understand the spec differences b/t the XTi and the 40D, what do you think of this guy's negative review of the 40D: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000V5P90K/sr=1-1/qid=1192844095/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop/105-9783309-3957219?ie=UTF8&m=A2P7U8ZHUJIO9T&n=502394&s=photo&customer-reviews.start=1&qid=1192844095&sr=1-1#R3C8S9D5XXLQLO

It is title "Why not more Megapix".

I assumed one important difference b/t the two cameras is that 40D has a bigger sensor, allowing you to take full advantage of the megapixels offered. Is this accurate?:confused3

i don't know but if the guy is a pro i would think the bigger buffer and faster speed would be important to him...the 30d is so much faster than the xt and i think the 40d is faster still...i don't care about the extra mps myself enough to warrant up grading but the different iso/ view thingy placement, the speed, the buffer, the better focus system imo are all worth the money..weird he didn't value any of those things...

I've been using the 20d for a few years and most of the other reviews seemed to indicate that there wasn't enough advancement to upgrade to the 40. The posts here seem to say otherwise. That's bad. I can't really afford to upgrade right now but this thread makes me want to.

I've been using the 20d for a few years and most of the other reviews seemed to indicate that there wasn't enough advancement to upgrade to the 40. The posts here seem to say otherwise. That's bad. I can't really afford to upgrade right now but this thread makes me want to.

noooo, don't feel bad! Most of us are talking about upgrading from the XT, so the jump is bigger than from the 20D::yes::

I guess it just depends on the user. I frequently use fast lens, so I benefit from the new focusing system. And spot metering was something I wanted. I needed to get a second body. I was planning on getting a 5D in Jan, after Disney, but this way I was able to get a second body sooner. :thumbsup2

just a warning since i notice you only have a few posts...this board has a tendency to make money burn a hole in your pocket:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter