Any California coast cruise trip reports out there?

ML1

Earning My Ears
Thinking about this cruise but would like to read about the experiences of others.

Which way are you looking to go? Van-San Diego or the reverse? We are going on the Van-San Diego cruise this September and I plan on doing a TR when we get back because I didn't find any online.

I did the San Diego to Vancouver in May 2013. We loved the ports... So much to do in all the cities. The only downside for me was that it was cold so we Didnt spend much time outside especially while at sea. Pretty much no on used the pools. If you are fine with finding other ways to stay busy while at sea I would recommend the trip.

We really enjoyed going from Los Angeles to Vancouver in May 2013 because it was a week-long cruise with an overnight (2 full days) in San Francisco and a stop in Victoria to see the Butchart Gardens. Then we spent three days exploring Vancouver before cruising north to Alaska on RCCL and disembarking at Seward then taking the train to the Anchorage airport.

I'm bummed that DCL cut the repo cruise to five days with only one short day in San Francisco, and no stop in Victoria.

We really enjoyed going from Los Angeles to Vancouver in May 2013 because it was a week-long cruise with an overnight (2 full days) in San Francisco and a stop in Victoria to see the Butchart Gardens. Then we spent three days exploring Vancouver before cruising north to Alaska on RCCL and disembarking at Seward then taking the train to the Anchorage airport.

I'm bummed that DCL cut the repo cruise to five days with only one short day in San Francisco, and no stop in Victoria.
Unfortunately, it seems that DCL has started reducing most port calls on their repo cruises. Probably cheaper and saves time for them.

Which way are you looking to go? Van-San Diego or the reverse? We are going on the Van-San Diego cruise this September and I plan on doing a TR when we get back because I didn't find any online.
I'll have to keep an eye out for your TR. I look forward to your thoughts. I haven't been able to find anything out there on the forum either. We live in SF and would be happy with either route assuming it doesn't stop in the Bay Area. We would hate to spend that much money on a vacation at home. We have never been to Vancouver and it's been forever since we visited San Diego. We'll be on the Fantasy over Thanksgiving and the California cruise might be one we book while on the ship :)

Sounds like you would prefer the Van-San Diego cruise then. The one that goes the opposite direction (up to Vancouver) is a 5 night (ours is a 4 night) and it stops in San Francisco, whereas the cruise going down to San Diego stops in Victoria BC.

Sounds like you would prefer the Van-San Diego cruise then. The one that goes the opposite direction (up to Vancouver) is a 5 night (ours is a 4 night) and it stops in San Francisco, whereas the cruise going down to San Diego stops in Victoria BC.
I just noticed that as well :). I think you're right. I can't wait to read your TR.

Do you have a fish extender group started for the Sept 27-Oct 1 trip? We'd like to join!

We were on this cruise also, loved the overnight stop in San Francsisco, we also enjoyed Butchart Gardens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter