Any Beach Club tips?

Ladyhawke10

Grand Floridian girl
Any tips for added fun while staying at the Beach club?

I know I need to try the kitchen sink....anything else :) ?:bounce: :bounce:

Say hello to the Admiral! Don't forget SAB. You have to do the slide! Clam Bake was nice too.

Have fun with Goffy and the gang. Also the icecream at the swan I think is just as big as the kitchensink at half the price. Walk around the lake. Dont't forget to eat at the Yatchsman stake house the best food in all WDW a moust on all our trips.

Request a full balcony, close to the lobby area-the resort is pretty big and it can be quite a hike to get to Cape May Cafe and SAB. Stop and talk to "Art the greeter" you can't miss him in the lobby most afternoons. He is one of the nicest, interesting gentlemen we've ever met.
Say Hi to Sammi at Cape May Cafe-she serves at the character breakfast and is also a wonderful person to talk to. (Please say Hi to her from her "friends" in Canada).
Definitely make PS's if you would like to eat at the Character Breakfast or the clam bake-they are always busy.
Get to know your "mousekeeper"-we met a couple of times but always wrote each other little notes every day-haven't met one we haven't liked! They do an awesome job.

If he's still there, you just might catch sight of the "Villa-gator," over near the villas. :eek:

Take a peek in the canal just past the pool at the villas, and you may see a very large, very lazy alligator (and his friend, a big turtle) gliding through the water. If he's out and about, a crowd usually gathers to gape.

A wonderful place for quiet time, to read or meditate or just doze: the "breezeway" between the Beach Club and the villas.

Best of all: the resort is only about a five minute walk to the International Gateway! Go and enjoy!

:thewave:

I also say take the time to talk to Art the greeter, he is just fantastic.
Bring your own soda etc. if you dont want to bother with the hike you would have to take and the time you would waste getting your mug refilled.
Check out the neat chess/checker table in your room. Game pieces are available at the front desk I think. I am not sure. Our ds got them.
Make an EARLY ps for cape may breakfast or dinner. It can get really crowded, especially cape may dinner on the week ends.

Don't you just love the solarium?! What a nice quiet place to relax.
DD always grabbed a book and lazed on the comfy couch in the afternoon.

I was out there every morning around the same time with my coffee and breviary -- and every morning, around the same time, the bread delivery guy would come through, to drop off supplies for the store down the hall. We'd spend a moment or two chatting as he rolled his delivery cart through the breezeway.

I got to feel like he was as much a Disney character as Mickey Mouse! :p

During our visit, I noticed that they sometimes closed it off in the venings for private parties. I imagine it would be a nice place for a wedding shower or something.

Wow, what wonderful responses! I will have to look for that alligator...we will be there in just a couple days! Hope he comes out!

I'll also remember to look for Art and Sammi (in Cape May).

Any suggestions for what to order at the Yachtman Steakhouse? I haven't dined there, but from what I remember it was quite expensive!! Anything not to miss?

I was definitely going to try the clambake since that seems SO perfectly Cape Cod-esque. Glad to hear it is good!

My 5year old son loves Prince Eric from little Mermaid...he is very excited about the sunken ship he calls Prince Eric's ship :).

If you use the refillable mugs, and in the evening there is a long line at beaches & cream, go to either bar, I think martha's vinyard or the one by the yachtmans steak house, they will fill your mug also.

Ah the Yachtman Steakhouse-my fav!
Love the crab cakes, bourbon steak and lobster tails.
The creme brulee and dessert sampler are awesome.
Yes, they are expensive but this is our splurge (or the Cali Grill-we alternate) on every trip.
Make sure you have a PS if you plan on eating dinner there.
Enjoy!

Originally posted by mom_rules
Ah the Yachtman Steakhouse-my fav!
Love the crab cakes, bourbon steak and lobster tails.
The creme brulee and dessert sampler are awesome.
Yes, they are expensive but this is our splurge (or the Cali Grill-we alternate) on every trip.
Make sure you have a PS if you plan on eating dinner there.
Enjoy!

Wow, sounds incredible! I might have to do the clam bake and then have lobster tail at the YS the following night to keep with the Cape Cod theme :)!

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter