Any aussie DVC members?

marvel said:
Does anyone book DVC rooms that have more that a queen bed and a queen sofa bed? I am looking for future trips say 2014 and would want the kids to have their own beds by that stage. Other than paying over $600 a night for 2 bedroom suites, I couldn't find any rooms that even had two single beds, only queen sofas.

Anyone with larger families or older children use DVC for their trips??

Hi. We used our DVC points to book a 2 bedroom at both the BWV and OKW. I found that OKW was much more roomy and the kids had two queen beds. I have a 16 year old daughter and 2 sons 14 and 11. They took turns each night as to who would sleep on their own. Loved our stay there.

Hi. We used our DVC points to book a 2 bedroom at both the BWV and OKW. I found that OKW was much more roomy and the kids had two queen beds. I have a 16 year old daughter and 2 sons 14 and 11. They took turns each night as to who would sleep on their own. Loved our stay there.

trying to convince DH re a OKW stay..but he now wants to try WLV instead..so saving OKW for the next next trip...I heard so many great reports re OKW...is it really that great???why dont we hear more about it???

australiankaren said:
trying to convince DH re a OKW stay..but he now wants to try WLV instead..so saving OKW for the next next trip...I heard so many great reports re OKW...is it really that great???why dont we hear more about it???

We really loved it. We just came back from the Caribbean cruise and we felt like it was so tropical and cosy. We were near one of the pools and the layout of the resort was really nice. The bus service was also so much better than BWV. I can only compare to BWV at this time but if I was to choose between the two I would go back to OKW. ❤

We really loved it. We just came back from the Caribbean cruise and we felt like it was so tropical and cosy. We were near one of the pools and the layout of the resort was really nice. The bus service was also so much better than BWV. I can only compare to BWV at this time but if I was to choose between the two I would go back to OKW. ❤

thats interesting cause we are trying to get a 1 brm @ BWV for a week in sept..maybe if we cant do that we can try OKW 1 brm.....what are the pools like..and we'll have our own hire car so buses etc dont matter...what about food court etc..all the important things:lmao: funny i just looked up points OKW is 157, BWV is 154......

how about distances to parks..??? i hear you can boat it to DTD???

australiankaren said:
thats interesting cause we are trying to get a 1 brm @ BWV for a week in sept..maybe if we cant do that we can try OKW 1 brm.....what are the pools like..and we'll have our own hire car so buses etc dont matter...what about food court etc..all the important things:lmao: funny i just looked up points OKW is 157, BWV is 154......

how about distances to parks..??? i hear you can boat it to DTD???

The pools were really nice and the surroundings were gorgeous. The Olivia's restaurant is ok nothing special. They do have a quick service that we liked and the bar on the deck was nice.
I have to say the distance to the parks was good as we didn't need to stop at other resorts on the way.
The boat ride to DTD is beautiful. On one night when we were coming back from DTD we had the best ride. Full moon, lightning in the sky and fireworks from Epcot's 30 years ❤. I will never forget that.

The pools were really nice and the surroundings were gorgeous. The Olivia's restaurant is ok nothing special. They do have a quick service that we liked and the bar on the deck was nice.
I have to say the distance to the parks was good as we didn't need to stop at other resorts on the way.
The boat ride to DTD is beautiful. On one night when we were coming back from DTD we had the best ride. Full moon, lightning in the sky and fireworks from Epcot's 30 years ❤. I will never forget that.

awesome! i can now relax if we dont get BWV I have an option......thanks mate:thumbsup2...did you notice how far away the parking is from the villas???

australiankaren said:
awesome! i can now relax if we dont get BWV I have an option......thanks mate:thumbsup2...did you notice how far away the parking is from the villas???

No problem :). You can park your car directly outside the villa. Good luck with your planning.

australiankaren said:
so where are you staying this time around????

We are planning for a 2014 trip. We are waiting for the later part of 2014 cruise itineraries to be released. We are hoping to do a 5 night cruise, a GCV stay and then stay at Aulani on the way back home. We just bought Aulani so want to try it out if all goes well. When is your trip?

We are planning for a 2014 trip. We are waiting for the later part of 2014 cruise itineraries to be released. We are hoping to do a 5 night cruise, a GCV stay and then stay at Aulani on the way back home. We just bought Aulani so want to try it out if all goes well. When is your trip?

we are doing GCH 8 nights in feb, picked up some awesome flights $850 rtn syd-lax with qantas , so had to take them :rotfl2: then sept we are doing a back to back cruise on freedom of the seas, 7 nights wdw @ BWV or OKW:thumbsup2 then after the cruise 4 nights for food and wine fest staying hopefully WLV......

we did 9 nights at aulani last feb ......fan bl00dy tastic....make sure you have a hire car, its about 30 min drive outside honolulu, but freeways are huge so easy trip....we didnt want to leave the resort, hung by the pool most of the time, right on the beach..paradise.....will go back maybe feb 2015 when my BLT/VB points come back :rotfl:

australiankaren said:
we are doing GCH 8 nights in feb, picked up some awesome flights $850 rtn syd-lax with qantas , so had to take them :rotfl2: then sept we are doing a back to back cruise on freedom of the seas, 7 nights wdw @ BWV or OKW:thumbsup2 then after the cruise 4 nights for food and wine fest staying hopefully WLV......

we did 9 nights at aulani last feb ......fan bl00dy tastic....make sure you have a hire car, its about 30 min drive outside honolulu, but freeways are huge so easy trip....we didnt want to leave the resort, hung by the pool most of the time, right on the beach..paradise.....will go back maybe feb 2015 when my BLT/VB points come back :rotfl:

Wow. That is awesome. A lot of my friends can't understand my obsession with Disney. I'm lucky my husband feels the same and loves it just as much. I'm always planning our next visit.
So where are all the places you have been to?

OKW is great, very laid back, no food court. It is more like a tradtional timeshare with a very homey atmosphere, lots of room, parking at your door, low rise, huge washing machines, there seemed to be a reasonable sized pool at every building, not over the top themeing (other than tropical laid back) no amazing big pool. It's not a suite hotel like some of the newer ones, they are very much like a very spacious home. All the units are HUGE compared to the newer DVC. I would imagine kids would probably prefer one of the more themed DVCs. The boat to DTD is lovely :)

Most of the Orlando Marriott timeshares are on a similar scale and layout to OKW, and for a tiny tiny fraction of the cost (if you know where to find them) off site has it's advantages!

Most of the Orlando Marriott timeshares are on a similar scale and layout to OKW, and for a tiny tiny fraction of the cost (if you know where to find them) off site has it's advantages!

The cheaper cost for offsite is possibly the only advantage!:)

We have done both on off site, enjoyed both. Last trip we stayed at the sheraton vistana so no Disney touches but the room was huge, close to everything, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, newly renovated for $160 a night. It just makes it hard to justify the $550 per night for the poly we paid when the kids were small. DVC is interesting in terms of being able to stay onsite deluxe but it still seems that you are paying around $500 night for a room with two beds.

The cheaper cost for offsite is possibly the only advantage!:)
but it can be a huge advantage that out weighs the onsite advantages. 2 bedroom 2 bathroom Marriott sleeps 8 for less than $500 for 7 nights vs over $500 for one night DVC same size, that's over $3000 difference for 7 nights for free parking, early access to the parks, the ability to have your Disney purchases sent back to the resort, Disney transportation system, Disney themeing, money can't buy that if you stay at Marriott, but over $3000 extra for one week is a ridiculously big advantage.

We have done both on off site, enjoyed both. Last trip we stayed at the sheraton vistana so no Disney touches but the room was huge, close to everything, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, newly renovated for $160 a night. It just makes it hard to justify the $550 per night for the poly we paid when the kids were small. DVC is interesting in terms of being able to stay onsite deluxe but it still seems that you are paying around $500 night for a room with two beds.

When you say two beds do you need a studio room or two bedroom.

but it can be a huge advantage that out weighs the onsite advantages. 2 bedroom 2 bathroom Marriott sleeps 8 for less than $500 for 7 nights vs over $500 for one night DVC same size, that's over $3000 difference for 7 nights for free parking, early access to the parks, the ability to have your Disney purchases sent back to the resort, Disney transportation system, Disney themeing, money can't buy that if you stay at Marriott, but over $3000 extra for one week is a ridiculously big advantage.

As you have mentioned before one of your favourite parks is in Universal.

For ourselves the only place we want to visit is Disney. Once we get on the DME bus and go through the main gates we want to stay there. I can dine and stay outside Disney for much less cost, but for us there is much more than just going to the theme parks each day. Staying at a Disney resort in either value or deluxe or DVC is part of the experience.

When you say two beds do you need a studio room or two bedroom.

The DVC for GCH seems to have a studio for 260 or so points per night, the next one up is in the vicinity of 600 points per night. The studio only has a queen bed and queen sofa bed, even a queen and two singles would do.

We do love the immersion of onsite, WL was awesome, and we even stayed at the GCH as well, loved that too. But the sharing of beds as the kids get older is fast becoming not an option.

The DVC for GCH seems to have a studio for 260 or so points per night, the next one up is in the vicinity of 600 points per night. The studio only has a queen bed and queen sofa bed, even a queen and two singles would do.

We do love the immersion of onsite, WL was awesome, and we even stayed at the GCH as well, loved that too. But the sharing of beds as the kids get older is fast becoming not an option.

I am not sure where you get the 260 points per night from. At GCH the weekly studio is 129 points for Adventure season up to 224 points for Premier season.

If I were to rent you points I would do for maybe $11.50 per point, If you owned DVC on what we have paid I would cost at $9 - $10 per point.

I am not sure where you get the 260 points per night from. At GCH the weekly studio is 129 points for Adventure season up to 224 points for Premier season.

If I were to rent you points I would do for maybe $11.50 per point, If you owned DVC on what we have paid I would cost at $9 - $10 per point.

I used that Davids points rental banner to check the price and thats what i came up with. Where should you check??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter