Any American Girl codes?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Mom21, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Mom21

Mom21 DIS Veteran

DD got money from her grandparents for her straight A's this year. Needless to say she is perusing (or should I say salivating over) the catalog she received today and wants to place an order tomorrow.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bevtoy

bevtoy bevs_toy

We just got a new catalog today with a coupon for a free DVD on how to work with doll hair, but I placed a order yesterday! I called them on the phone and they are sending the DVD anyway. If you order 20 dollars or more you will get the DVD, but with American Girl I can't imagine much that doesn't cost 20 dollars or more. My daughter has Kirsten and loves her so much. DD just turned 9.

4. strasfamily

strasfamily DIS Veteran

150260 for 10 percent off.

5. Mom21

Mom21 DIS Veteran

Thank you so much. And dd thanks you. She is just so happy to order as she hasn't gotten any new AG in a year and a half. She is 9. Funny, I thought she would have outgrown dolls by now....LOL. Guess you never outgrow AG.

6. kinntj

kinntj DIS Veteran

How often do they have free shipping on their orders? I'm waiting for a free shipping code to order a bitty baby doll collection set for a "Santa" gift. Trying to keep an eye out.

It's also nice to get money from relatives to buy AG products! :thumbsup2

7. dianaphi

dianaphi Earning My Ears

Bevtoy,

I too got a new AG catalog in the mail today, but our coupon is for the Samantha Movie DVD for $5! My DD already has that DVD & she's been eyeing the Hair Studio DVD. I was going to get it for her for Christmas, but if I can get if for free -- even better! I know it's with a $20 purchase -- like I'm not going to spend at least $20 in the AG catalog!! :rotfl:

My coupon says to enter the catalog Key Code from the back of the catalog to obtain the DVD. Would you mind sharing your catalog Key Code for the free Hair Studio DVD?

Oh and in case anyone's interested, the Key Code for the $5 Samantha Movie DVD is A70406.

To use it, just go to americangirl.com and when viewing your shopping bag, enter the key code and click "update." Then, follow the popo-up directions to add the DVD to your order (discount appplied at checkout).

Thanks!

8. Mom21

Mom21 DIS Veteran

Tried to use this code. Got a snippy lady that said "Oh that must be an internet code. Doesn't work." All said in one of those tones. KWIM? Shoot I ordered $228 so I was hoping it would work. Oh well.

9. T. Lynn

T. Lynn ...livin' and learnin' - simplified my life :-)

I went to order the doll tote and it's not in stock. Apparently, they changed their mind about it or something. I even called and the lady said "it's not available". They didn't sell out...just not offerering it at this time.

Ticked me off. My daughter saw it in the NEW catalog. Why put it in there if your not going to offer it?

10. dianaphi

dianaphi Earning My Ears

EDITED to add: Sorry, I misread the previous post...I thought the snippy rep was regarding the catalog key code. :blush:

Mom21 -- sorry you got a snippy rep! :guilty: I've got to say, I've never had a problem dealing with anyone from AG. You probably just got someone having a bad day -- still he/she shouldn't have taken it out on you.

Anyway, I just checked the coupon again and it says you can use the coupon/catalog key code when ordering online, via the 800 #, mail or fax all by providing the catalog key code (or mailing the card if you're ordering by mail -- does anyone do that anymore?!) I would call back and see if you get a not so snippy rep this time. By the way, the fine print says limit one DVD per order and valid through 8/30/06 or while supplies last.

Dianaphi

11. strasfamily

strasfamily DIS Veteran

Wow - I just used it over the phone last week. The person I talked to took it with no problem at all. :confused3

12. T. Lynn

I just called to place an order and was told that it is an online code (the one for 10%). She was very nice and suggested that I be transfered to customer service since the code did not take. After speaking with customer service, they confirmed it was an online code and tried to do an override but it also didn't work. Therefore, I canceled my phone order and will be replacing it via online.

13. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

Code for free hair DVD with $20.00 purchase is A72104.

14. dianaphi

dianaphi Earning My Ears

ceecee -- Thanks for the free hair DVD with $20 purchase code! I'll be using it asap!

T. Lynn -- You did exactly what I would've done -- canceled the phone order & placed an online order.

-- dianaphi

15. T. Lynn

I checked online and the doll tote is finally available to order but on backordered till the 18th. Hey, at least I can put it in my shopping cart so I placed the order tonight before they sell out again.

16. PaulaSue

PaulaSue <font color=purple>I have a purple car too and lov

what tote???

17. T. Lynn

18. PaulaSue

Cool T Lynn!!!
    I am ordering for grandmas for the grils and want to make sure I am not missing something.

19. T. Lynn

I just placed an order for some of the New things that DD saw in the catalog but she doesn't know it. I already have other things that I purchased months ago when certain things would go on sale.

My xmas shopping for her is about done. Just want to get her a few things from the AG store when I go in December, but other than that, she is done.

I also have her birthday covered, which is the following month, and I'm sure I will put some things back for easter as well. Boy, can you say that I'm way ahead...

20. kinntj

kinntj DIS Veteran

It's good to be prepared FOR THE NEXT YEAR!!!! :rotfl2:
    I'm pretty much set too from things that were 50-70% off the last couple of months.

I'm just waiting for a free shipping code for DD's "Santa" present which is the Bitty Baby Pram. My youngest wants a Bitty Baby collection, so we're just waiting for the code.

Happy Shopping!

21. PaulaSue

Well 2 of my girls are done for Christmas from Grandma. Now I just have to figure something for the youngest. My middle DD wanted the Jess doll and I hated to wait.

I loved the totes but Dh said no. :rotfl: Maybe next order. ;)