Any advice for planning a Disney Wedding from the UK?!

alamy

Earning My Ears
Hi Everybody,

This is my first post. I have been reading all the threads on Disney Weddings and Honeymoons and find them really helpful. I'm hoping that a few of you with previous experience will be able to help me plan my Disney Wedding.

My Fiancee and I are getting married in WDW on Sea Breeze Point at The Boardwalk in April 2010. It is an Escape Wedding and we are traveling over from the UK to do this.

I was wondering if others who have done this have any advice, hints or tips for us?

We are using the internet like crazy to plan, find out info, talk to the wonderful people at WDW and make sure we have everything taken care of. I am expecting some hidden points along the way and hope others will be able to highlight these for us.

We are marrying at noon, then we want to hold a wedding breakfast (preferably in The Attic), then maybe a quick trip to a park ready to take the Grand One out for the Wishes Cruise. I am so excited about our trip and want everything to be just right. We are holding our Honeymoon in WDW too.

If you have any info or tips to share we would be very grateful! Thanks for your help!!!

Have a tiggerifc day!

:)

Hi,

Thanks for offering to help!

1, Is there anything we need to do before we go (paperwork wise) to insure the wedding is legal and above board over in the UK?
I know we have to make our way to the clerk's office to get a marriage licence when we arrive over there but how do we insure we have the relevant info and paperwork for a legal marriage?

2, Do you have any hints or tips regarding decorations/favours/embellishments for the day, anything we bring obviously has to come in our luggage, is it easier to get in all there or just let Disney take care of it?

3, Are there any nice touches that you have been offered or made aware of by the Disney team that we could be an option at our wedding?

I'm sure there will be more questions as time goes on, I just want to make sure I know as much as possible about the whole process before we get out there.

Thanks for your help and any additional advice is always welcome!

X:flower3:X

Welcome to another April 2010 bride!!!:cheer2:

For legal requirements, you should maybe ask your local registry office. Also if you have any sort of a Citizens Advice website like we have here in Ireland - that might be helpful. I think it's ok once you get the paperwork sorted in Florida but check out just to be sure. I think for the license in USA you'll need a birth cert, passport, legal documents stating if you are divorced etc. Confetti.co.uk should be able to offer some advice on this also.

You should talk to your planner about what you want for your wedding. I'm doing a mix of shipping and buying from Disney. My planner told me that we could send items to her in Francks and collect them when we arrive. If you plan on carrying a load of items with you on the plane you will probably have to contact your airline and ask about their policies.

Congratulations again!

Hello congratulations on your wedding.
We too are travelling from the UK and getting married in Disney at Sunset Pointe in December 2009.
There's so much information out there, sometimes too much.
There are places where you can get your wedding licence sorted prooir to travel, that should save alot of time when you get to FL.
mouseweddings.com is a good source of information.
Not much time for us left to sort out things for us... just the suits for the groom and page boy to go... any suggestions?
Regards.
A&A

Sorry I forgot to answer your questions!

Hi,

Thanks for offering to help!

1, Is there anything we need to do before we go (paperwork wise) to insure the wedding is legal and above board over in the UK?
I know we have to make our way to the clerk's office to get a marriage licence when we arrive over there but how do we insure we have the relevant info and paperwork for a legal marriage?

As far as I know you don't need to do anything but get the licence in the USA.

2, Do you have any hints or tips regarding decorations/favours/embellishments for the day, anything we bring obviously has to come in our luggage, is it easier to get in all there or just let Disney take care of it?

Disney does charge quite a lot for decoration etc so it is cheaper to bring it from the UK however for an Escape bride they charge to put such things out at your reception, about $25-$50 and only if you are also paying them to do something else. Anything they put out at the ceremony is free though.

3, Are there any nice touches that you have been offered or made aware of by the Disney team that we could be an option at our wedding?

No I've found about about that sort of thing on here. Read TR for locations that you like and you'll pick up lots of tips.

I'm sure there will be more questions as time goes on, I just want to make sure I know as much as possible about the whole process before we get out there.

Thanks for your help and any additional advice is always welcome!

X:flower3:X

Ok I'm not getting married in June but my daughter is . june 23rd on the beach at wedding pavilion at GF then Ariels. [She wanted Whitehall room and verandah but it's booked for a convention:mad:] The problem is the dessert party at Epcot. Not sure where to do that. We know Lower UK is available but wondered if anyone has pics of the French Arm. We can't find any online Although we think we know what we want that's probably because we don't know all the choices. give my daughter more than 4 and she's lost :rotfl2: so goodness only knows when I show her the huge variety of wedding cakes Ive found on this site.

Ok I'm not getting married in June but my daughter is . june 23rd on the beach at wedding pavilion at GF then Ariels. [She wanted Whitehall room and verandah but it's booked for a convention:mad:] The problem is the dessert party at Epcot. Not sure where to do that. We know Lower UK is available but wondered if anyone has pics of the French Arm. We can't find any online Although we think we know what we want that's probably because we don't know all the choices. give my daughter more than 4 and she's lost :rotfl2: so goodness only knows when I show her the huge variety of wedding cakes Ive found on this site.

I'd post a new thread to ask for pics, i'm sure Carrie will have some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!