Anxiously awaiting our GTY assignment. What time?

Weedy

DIS Veteran
Today is our 55 day mark and we are still awaiting our cabin assignment. I'm a bit obsessed and I'm checking numerous times a day. I've read that people usually get as assigned between 50-55 days out. If you have had a GTY assignment did you notice what day of the week and what time a day it was assigned?

Today is our 55 day mark and we are still awaiting our cabin assignment. I'm a bit obsessed and I'm checking numerous times a day. I've read that people usually get as assigned between 50-55 days out. If you have had a GTY assignment did you notice what day of the week and what time a day it was assigned?

It's my understanding that, for those "regular" GTY bookings (the ones that have a specific category selected, like 9B GTY, or 5C GTY), the assignments usually appear somewhere in the 30-45 day window, but can be as early as 60 days.

The last minute guarantees (IGT, OGT, VGT) usually show up about 2 weeks out (on Tuesdays from what I read).

Now, all that being said, any guarantee booking can be assigned at any time between when the booking was made up to, and including, embarkation day.

We got ours about a month before sailing. It is different depending on the type of category or booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter