Anticipated onboard charges

We also go out and purchase gift cards for disney vacations and on a cruise so there is no worry we make a budgeted amount to spend and call DCL and ask them to charge the budgeted amount as an on board credit we use the Disney rewards card and then pay the amount on it. You can check your room expenses daily at guest services!

TIPS
PHOTOS
CONCESSIONS popcorn/ candy (best thing to do get a plate of pizza and sodas from pool deck and take with you)
Souvenirs
Port money

Last year I was on the Fantasy and I went nuts. We thought it was going to be a once in a life time cruise and I budgeted for everything, (we had three trips to BBB, port adventures, smoothies, you name it I think someone did it.) final price was $1137 for two people and included about $100 in shopping onboard.
And I did it prepaid by sending a check (more than 45 days before the sail date) to my onboard account using the send a gift form from DCL (the guy on the phone walked my right through it step by step)
then at the end of the cruise they return the balance to you in cash.

oh and the craziest thing I bought was an $18 glass of wine :eek:(no you don't get to keep the glass) it was up in Meridian at sunset out on their deck, and came with chocolate truffles. I swear it was worth every penny to sit there in the quiet, just relaxing, taking in the veiw and reading my book with a nice glass of wine. I have already budgeted it into the next cruise budget!:goodvibes

...I want to know about this $10 t-shirt on DCL....

A little off topic but we managed some $5 t-shirts only once and some $1 toddler clothes. We were on for the thanksgiving cruise and they had a black friday sale. It was crazy in the shops like on the maiden voyages. DH almost got into a fight but they were just bringing out random things priced cheap. Some items like from the Northern european capitals cruise were $0.50. Best and most frantic Disney sale we have ever seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter