Antibiotics

Discussion in 'disABILITIES Community Board' started by Braden's Momma, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Braden's Momma

Braden's Momma Mouseketeer

Be warned TMI....so I have had a UTI since last Tuesday. The original antibiotic they gave me The infection was resistant to it. I started a new antibiotic Friday the pain is better but def not gone and I still have to take AZO for the pain : (. Is it normal to still hurt (today will be my 3rd full day on the new drug). If it does not work the doc said I will need intravenous antibiotics. Anyone know when the antibiotic will kick in?

2. rewardsinlife

rewardsinlife Mouseketeer

Well I hope you are not in pain anymore! Usually takes 3-4 days if it is really bad infection. If you are still in pain I think you need to get the IV antibiotics! :scared1:

Feel better! :goodvibes

3. jmartinez1895

jmartinez1895 DIS Veteran

Sometime UTIs can take a while to recover from. The last one I had my doctor gave me a RX for something ( I can not recall the name) and it helped numb the track and it turned my urine bright orange. I hope that by now you have talked to your doctor again and that you have decided on the best course of action.

4. Braden's Momma

Braden's Momma Mouseketeer

Well I am finally over it! Thank goodness. I was sick for 3 weeks and had 4 different antibiotics (too much). I had the pain killer you are referring to and unfortunately realized too late that was one of the reason my pain stayed around longer....I have an intolerance to food dye and now it seems the dye in the pain killer too. But thankfully all is well now. Thanks for your replies.